DescriptionRiver Raid is a vertically scrolling action game. You fly a jet up a river in an attempt to destroy bridges which are vital to the enemy. The river is heavily guarded, however, with balloons, ships, choppers, and enemy aircraft trying to stop you. Along the way you will need to fly over fuel stations to refuel your jet and keep flying.
The plane is armed with a cannon with unlimited ammo. It can be used to destroy the enemy vehicles and bridges, but a careless player can accidentally destroy a fuel station. Colliding with the riverbanks or with the enemy aircraft destroys your plane and makes you lose a life.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Carol Shaw's River Raid" -- Alternate title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Atari 5200 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|The Video Game Critic||Oct 05, 2000||B+||83|
|The Atari Times||Feb 08, 2006||65 out of 100||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
River Raider PatchPlayers who were able to rack up 15,000 points or higher were eligible to receive the "River Raider" patch from Activision if they sent in a screenshot to the company.
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #50 'It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!'
Programmer BonusThe original Atari 2600 version sold very well. As a result the game's programmer Carol Shaw was awarded a cash bonus equivalent to her annual salary.
Related Web Sites
- AtariAge (Atari 2600) (for Atari 2600: downloadable ROM; scans; manuals; additional material)
- AtariAge (Atari 5200) (for Atari 5200: downloadable ROM; scans; manuals; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari 2600) (for Atari 2600: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari 5200) (for Atari 5200: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari 8-bit) (for Atari 8-bit: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Internet Archive (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable release; online emulation of game; additional material)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- Wikipedia (combined platform entry)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: release information; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)