DescriptionLong time ago, the Lord created Light and Chaos. He gave them souls, and thus two gods were born, the Spirit of Light and the Prince of Darkness. But the latter, envious of his father's power, learned the language of creation and attempted to bring a new demonic race to life. However, the creatures disobeyed their master. In the ensuing chaos, a sorceress named Ianna called forth a hero, who banished the Darkness, but was slain himself. Now, the time has come for four new heroes to obtain an ancient powerful weapon and destroy the forces of Darkness once and for all.
Blade of Darkness is a third-person action game with an emphasis on melee battles and combo attacks, similar to those found in fighting games. The player can choose to control any of the four available characters: the barbarian Tukaram, the dwarf Naglfar, the knight Sargon, and the Amazon Zoe. Each character has his/her unique strengths, weaknesses, fighting skills. Starting locations are also different in the four scenarios.
- "黑暗之刃" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Severance: Blade of Darkness" -- European title
- "Blade: The Edge of Darkness" -- Spanish title
- "Blade of Darkness: By Steel will the Flesh divide" -- Tag-lined title
- "Blade" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
|ComputerGamers.com||Mar 28, 2001||94 out of 100||94|
|VicioJuegos.com||Apr 30, 2005||90 out of 100||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Feb 22, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Power Unlimited||Mar, 2001||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Meristation||Mar 22, 2001||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Feb 28, 2001||83 out of 100||83|
|GameSpy||Mar 06, 2001||81 out of 100||81|
|GameBoomers||2002||75 out of 100||75|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 2001||70|
|Gamekult||Feb 23, 2001||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled Xbox portThere was a Xbox port project directed by Carlos García Cordero planned, but Rebel Act went bankrupt before it was finished.
German indexOn September 29, 2001, Blade of Darkness was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
Information also contributed by Dark Dante
Related Web Sites
- 3D Gamers (Blade downloads at 3D Gamers)
- Bigtruck's pages (Fan made website (English and French))
- Blade Forever (A Spanish download page)
- Blade Mods (Hosts many of the mods that have been created for the game as well as information on developing your own mods for Blade.)
- Blade of Darkness (Publisher's Blade of Darkness page)
- Blade Resources (For those interested in designing levels for Blade)
- Blade Universe (Contains resources and information about Blade of Darkness, although some of the links have been renamed and no longer work.)
- BoD Arena (Forums dedicated to Blade of Darkness)
- FilePlanet (Blade downloads at FilePlanet)
- IMDb (IMDb website for the game)
- Severance D20 (Background for an adaptation of Blade to D20 RPG system)