DescriptionPlaying a witch, you must assemble the six ingredients required to kill off your arch-rival, an evil pumpkin. The ingredients are all located in underground buildings, each of which can only be entered once you've found the appropriate key. The keys are located overground, and you must fly around on your broom to collect them.
The overground sections play like standard shoot 'em ups, as your broom is not affected by gravity and can fire bullets using your magic energy. Bats, fireballs and even seagulls are among the many creatures trying to stop you - contact will cost you more energy than shooting at them would. There are energy recharges on offer.
Once you go underground, the gameplay becomes a test of precision platform jumping, including some Manic Miner-esque blind jumps. The six underground sections can be completed in a variety of orders, but you will sometimes reach points that can't be completed without objects from other sections, so a lot of back-tracking is required. Although you start with nine lives, they won't last all that long at first.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Hexenküche" -- German C64 title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Jul, 1985||100|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Apr, 1985||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Amtix!||Amstrad CPC||Jan, 1986||92 out of 100||92|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Jun, 1985||91 out of 100||91|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||May, 1985||87 out of 100||87|
|Tilt||Commodore 64||Jul, 1985||83|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Amstrad CPC||Oct 14, 2011||14 out of 20||70|
|64'er||Commodore 64||Jun, 1985||10 out of 15||67|
|The Video Game Critic||Commodore 64||Apr 15, 2011||C-||42|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||Jun, 1985||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Happy Computer
- Issue 02/1986 - #9 Best Game in 1985 (Readers' Vote)
The Evil DeadThe ZX Spectrum version came with a bonus game, The Evil Dead
Title translationThe Commodore 64's German title translates into English as Witchkitchen.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
- Windows remake (a remake of Cauldron by Evilmarkus for Windows)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)