is the first installment of Microsoft's Close Combat series
that bases its power more on a strategy, then on real-time battling. You're placed as the battlefield commander as you command your troops in Normandy. Choose either to play as Axis or an Allies.
- "戰鬥神將" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Project X" -- Working title
- "Close Combat: Take command of men who act like real soldiers" -- Tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Prenez le commandement de véritables soldats" -- French tag-lined title
- "Beyond Squad Leader" -- Working title
- "Advanced Squad Leader" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are currently no topics for this game.
The concept of Close Combat
had been in the works for a long time. The basic game design already existed as Project X
at the time Atomic Games was working on the V for Victory
games for Three-Sixty Pacific, Inc.
, later became Advanced Squad Leader
and Beyond Squad Leader
when Avalon Hill
wanted them to do a Squad Leader
video game, and it was eventually called Close Combat
when Atomic Games teamed up with Microsoft.