DescriptionWhile the Allies and the Soviets were fighting each other in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Yuri (the psychic adviser to the Soviet Premier) was secretly building his own army of clones and mutations. Once the war ended, Yuri launched his own attempt to take over the Earth with a series of psychic dominators designed to turn the world's population into his puppets. The only chance to stop him lies in using Einstein's chronotechnology to travel back in time and destroy the dominators before they can come on line.
There are two single player campaigns in Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge, one for the Allies and one for the Soviets. Both are seven missions long and pit the player against Yuri's monstrous forces. In addition, each army gets five new units/buildings to aid their war efforts. For the Allies, there's anti-tank guardian infantry, Navy Seals, and robot tanks. The Soviets gain siege helicopters, battle bunkers, and "Boris" the Russian equivalent of Tanya. Also, the entire cast of Red Alert 2 returns to reprise their roles in the campaign cinematics.
Although there is no single player campaign for Yuri, his army becomes available as a third side in the multiplayer game with 13 new units and 11 new buildings. Combat forces include mutated brutes, Yuri clones, boomer submarines, and UFO like floating discs. Bases are built around bio-reactors and grinders (which shred captured units and refund cash) and defended with mind-control towers and gattling turrets. Yuri's strength leans heavily on his abilities to take over enemy troops with psychic units like the "master mind", a vehicle that can brainwash nearby enemies and turn them against their owner.
There are no promo images for this game
- "命令与征服：尤里的复仇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge" -- UK title
- "Command & Conquer: Alerte Rouge 2 - La Revanche de Yuri" -- French title
- "Command & Conquer: Alarmstufe Rot 2 - Yuris Rache" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Command & Conquer games
- Command & Conquer Red Alert series
- Game Feature: In-game Screenshot Capture
- Gameplay Feature: Fog of War
- Live action cut-scenes
- Setting: Alternate History
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: City - San Francisco
- Setting: City - Seattle
|Absolutely fantastic step forward.||MAT (148164)|
|More proof that RTS games have fallen into a rut||Les Nessman (263)|
|Gamer's Pulse||Nov 13, 2001||92 out of 100||92|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2001||9.25 out of 10||92|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2001||87 out of 100||87|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct 31, 2001||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamezilla||Oct 30, 2001||85 out of 100||85|
|Fragland.net||Sep 18, 2002||84 out of 100||84|
|ActionTrip||Oct 22, 2001||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Oct 18, 2001||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Oct 16, 2001||82 out of 100||82|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jan, 2002||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
AdvertisementIn one interesting advertising gimmick, Westwood ran advertisements for a 1-900 number to Yuri's psychic hotline. The ad read that you could call 1-900-454-YURI and find out if domination is in your future. It is a real hotline set up for Yuri's Revenge, and I found it entertaining. Calling this number is $.95 a minute, but its only a message a few minutes long. A Red Alert 2 fan may want to try it.
DelayThis game was delayed for some weeks because of the WTC bombings. First, EA announced they wouldn't ship it at all, but later, they changed their mind and just altered the packaging. The original design had exploding skyscrapers on it.
- In version 1.000 of the expansion, in Allied Mission 2 (Hollywood And Vain) there are three special civilian units: Arnnie Frankenfurter, Sammy Stallion, and Flint Westwood. They are actually parodies of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Clint Eastwood. They have special soundbanks which are references to their movies. However, in version 1.001 they lost their respecting names and share the soundbank with the regular G.I.
- In the first mission of the Soviet campaign, the player's taskforce needs to capture and use the Allied time machine in order to travel to the past and prevent Yuri from taking over the world. Once captured, the machine sends the Soviets too far back in time, and they have to fend off dinosaurs until the machine is recalibrated. This is most likely a reference to the hidden bonus missions from the first Command & Conquer game where the player has to fight dinosaurs.
Related Web Sites
- Allied Walkthrough (Step-by-step guide to destroy Yuri as the Allies)
- Electronic Arts (Electronic Arts official homepage. EA published Yuri's Revenge.)
- Official Red Alert 2 Web Page (The official Westwood site for Red Alert 2 and the Yuri's Revenge expansion pack.)
- Planet Command & Conquer (Gamespy's official site for all of the Command & Conquer games. Information on Yuri's Revenge is available here.)
- Soviet Walkthrough (Guide to destroying the traitorous Yuri as the Soviets)
- Westwood Studios Homepage (Westwood developed Yuri's Revenge. You can also find the official Yuri's Revenge homepage here.)