DescriptionCommander Keen has already foiled the Vorticons' plans to destroy Earth. Now he heads to their home planet in order to confront the Grand Intellect: a mysterious leader who enslaved all the Vorticons and forced them to carry out his evil deeds. But before Keen reaches him, he must get through numerous Vorticon cities whose mind-controlled residents all received one order from the Grand Intellect: "Keen must die!"
Commander Keen 3: Keen Must Die! is the third in a series of platform games. The game begins with a top-down map of the Vorticon planet. This is the level select screen, where you can walk around and choose the next level you want to enter. On each level, you have to make your way to the exit. Once you reach the exit, you're back on the overhead map.
The levels are typically full of enemy creatures (mainly various types of Vorticons) and hazards. If Keen gets shot or touched by an enemy, or falls into a pit or something hazardous, he dies, and you're booted out of the level back to the overhead map and lose one life.
Thankfully, Keen can defeat most enemies with his raygun. He also has a pogo stick which allows him to jump very high. Other items to find include keycards that open locked doors, bonus items which give score (Keen gets an extra life if he collects enough score) and the Ankh, which gives temporary invulnerability.
- "Commander Keen: "Invasion of the Vorticons" - Episode Three: Keen Must Die!" -- In-game title
Part of the Following Group
|The DOS Spirit||Mar 19, 2009||5 out of 6||83|
|Examiner||Dec 03, 2013||4 out of 5||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Galactic alphabetIn the schoolhouse in the Secret Level, you can see the English to Standard Galactic alphabet translation! This can be used to translate the signs and markers in the game.
MessieMessie, the Loch-Ness-like monster, tours the globe constantly, but she's hard to see. If you find the area on the world map where you can get close to water, wait there until Messie shows up and she'll take you to the Secret Level.
TrilogyKeen Must Die! is the third of three episodes of the series Commander Keen: Invasion of the Vorticons.
Information also contributed by John Romero
Related Web Sites
- Commander Keen 3: Keen Must Die! (official website)
- All-you-can-eat Commander Keen (Excellent fan site for the Commander Keen series.)
- Beyond the Pogo (This is the ultimate Commander Keen fansite. You'll find almost anything Keen-related here.)
- BWBR Technical Manuals (This site has all the technical manuals for the construction and operation of Keen's Bean-With-Bacon Megarocket!)
- Celebrity Downfall (This is a funny story about what Keen would have ended up like, had he grown up...)
- Cerebral Cortex 314 (The first and slickest Keen fan site)
- Jump To Keen (This site is dedicated to editing/deconstructing and modifying the Keen series)
- Keen Infinity (Nice fan site)
- S&F Prod.'s Commander Keen Page (This is the only place where you can find sound players, add-ons, Keen2Dopefish patch, cheats, hex cheats, extras, links and things alike for Commander Keen.)
- The Keencyclopedia (Every single character in all the Keen adventures is detailed on this site.)
- The ShadowLands (A very slick, clean site all that's about Keen)