DescriptionKen's Labyrinth is a first-person 3D shooter. The protagonist has to escape from an underground labyrinth populated by monsters while trying to rescue his dog Sparky. The game plays similarly to Wolfenstein 3D and involves the protagonist traversing colorful maze-like areas, shooting monsters on the way with exotic weapons such as a bubble-gum gun. The game's stand-out feature are interactive elements: there are vending and slot machines in the stages which the player can interact with, as well as breakable walls.
- "Walken" -- Development title
- "LAB3D/SDL" -- Windows and Linux title
Part of the Following Group
The Press Says
|Shooterplanet||Jun 19, 2006||78 out of 100||78|
|GameHippo.com||Nov 17, 2001||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaBelieve it or not, there are actually three different Ken games. The first was called Walken (a composition of "Walk" and "Ken" --Editor). It's a precursor to Ken's Labyrinth. The second was called Ken's Labyrinth, and had nothing to do with Epic Megagames". It was actually released by Ken Silverman and his friend Andrew Cotter under the name of Advanced Systems. The third and final was a redone version of the Advanced Systems Ken released by Epic MegaGames.
Related Web Sites
- Download Ken's Labyrinth (Free, legal download of Ken's Labyrinth -- look for $KEN.ZIP)
- Ken's "Ken's Labyrinth" Page (Ken Silverman has a section on his personal site devoted to this game. Besides downloading the full registered version, you can also download BUILD versions of the levels, early versions of the program, and source code, including an early version written for QuickBasic 4.5.)
- LAB3D/SDL (LAB3D/SDL is a port of Ken's Labyrinth (using OpenGL and the SDL library) which runs on Windows, Linux and most other modern systems.)