DescriptionYour role as Rick Dangerous demands that you stop the Fat Guy and his evil plans to help an alien race take over control of our world. The journey takes in Hyde Park, Ice Caverns, Forest and Atomic Mines. He must solve positional puzzles and memorise the locations of laser bolts and booby traps, as well as avoiding enemies including robots, penguins and nomads. As in the first game, a fifth level is unlocked after you complete the four standard levels.
Rick can climb ladders and crawl through tight spaces. He is equipped with a laser gun and six little bombs, but can also punch with some effect. The controls are very easy to understand: pressing fire+up shoots the gun, pressing fire+down places a bomb, pressing fire+bottom-left/bottom-right makes Rick slide a bomb along the floor in the specified direction.
- "Rick Dangerous II" -- Title Screen title
Part of the Following Group
|More eyecandy, less frustration||5u3 (197)|
|PC Leisure||Nov, 1990||100|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 23, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 02, 2010||4.5 out of 6||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Adlib supportAdlib support works if only you have the SOUND.COM utility which was originally supplied with the Adlib card. It nevertheless works with Adlib compatible cards such as the SoundBlaster (again you have to find SOUND.COM from somewhere and run it before the game).
Amiga version add-onOn the Amiga, there is an add-on disk, titled Rick Dangerous 2 1/2. It was a bonus level of the sequel that never appeared in the game but was given away free on the cover of The One Amiga magazine.
Unresolved endingThe final cutscene is open-ended - the Fat Guy escapes in a teleporter and Rick follows him, with the caption "What will Rick do next?". Sadly Rick Dangerous 3 was never completed.
VGA colorsIn the VGA version of the game, the same 16-color palette is used in all of the levels although the perceived color scheme of each level differs a lot from each other.
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #17 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
- Commodore Format
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Arcade Adventure
- March 1994 (Issue 42) Heaven – The Path to Righteousness: 20 Essential Games
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #21 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
- October 1995 (Issue 61) – The Top Ten C64 Games of all Time
- EMAP Image's Golden Joystick 1991
- April 1991: Game of the Year - 8 Bit
- ST Format
- January 1993 (issue #42) - #39 in '50 finest Atari ST games of all time' list
Related Web Sites
- Rick Dangerous - Resurrected (Fan site with extensive information about the Rick Dangerous games (all platforms).)