DescriptionYou're a transportation manager in this game. You choose your starting landscape (Europe, toy land, South America, desert) and your skill level. In this game you can build different transportation lines, like transporting coal to a coal power plant, or oil from the oil wells to the oil refinery. There exist ships, trains, buses & trucks, helicopters and trains. The game has an isometric graphics engine and a jazz-style soundtrack.
The Deluxe version contains new features that were not present in the original Transport Tycoon: the time scale of the game became larger, including futuristic vehicles such as monorails; and the editor is much more advanced, allowing you to create entire maps with terrain and cities positioned the way you like. Also, there are some new scenery themes, such as snowy and desert areas.
- "TTD" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|High Score||Jan, 1996||5 out of 5||100|
|The DOS Spirit||Jun 12, 2011||5.5 out of 6||92|
|Joystick (French)||Dec, 1995||90 out of 100||90|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 1995||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1995||75 out of 100||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
RemakeThe fan remake OpenTTD from 2004 updates the game for later computer and mobile platforms.
- PC Review
- Stamp of approval
Related Web Sites
- constructiongames.de - TTD (A site offering descriptions of game elements (including tutorials and tips), new custom-made scenarios and vehicle modifications.)
- German Transport Tycoon Deluxe Site (German TTD fanpage with scenarios, saved games, screenshots and forum)
- Imperial World and Miami to South America (Two special scenarios for TTD)
- Macca's Transport Tycoon Deluxe Scenarios (Over 50 original TTD scenarios to download, WinXP help, tips and hints, blank grids, scenario tutorial and more.)
- Oliver Keating's Transport Tycoon Deluxe Site (A site about TTD with lots of information about strategy and gameplay.)
- The Chinese Transport Tycoon Station (A site written in Chinese providing advice, tutorials and downloads to all Chinese-speaking players.)
- The TTDX Analysis Pages (Advanced strategy and gameplay analysis page for TTD)
- Transport Tycoon Deluxe pages (A site focusing on providing playing tips and tutorials for TTD.)
- Transport Tycoon Deluxe Pages (All you wanted to know about the game)
- Transport Tycoon - The New Graphics (New graphics and vehicle sets for TTD.)
- TTD knowledge exchange portal (New graphics and scenarios for TTD)
- TTDPatch (A gameplay-enhancing update to Transport Tycoon Deluxe that implements in-game cheats and workarounds for a few bugs, as well as lots of improvements in gameplay.)