DescriptionFatal Fury Special is an improved version of SNK's 2D one-on-one fighter Fatal Fury 2. The objective is to win the tournament by defeating all other fighters including end boss Wolfgang Krauser. Fatal Fury Special features a fairly large selection of fighters that includes:
- The eight regular fighters from Fatal Fury 2: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Kim Kaphwan, Jubei Yamada, Cheng Sinzan, Mai Shiranui and Big Bear.
- The four bosses from Fatal Fury 2: Billy Kane, Axel Hawk, Lawrence Blood and Wolfgang Krauser (this time they're all immediately playable).
- Three characters returning from the first Fatal Fury: Duck King, Tung Fu Rue and Geese Howard (the end boss from Fatal Fury).
- A new Count Down mode (defeat as many opponents as possible in 3 minutes).
- Extra color schemes for every character.
- New & improved background graphics.
- Dolby Surround Sound support.
There are no promo images for this game
- "餓狼伝説SPECIAL" -- Japanese spelling
- "Garō Densetsu Special" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|Takara delivers arcade perfection.||Fake Spam (94)|
|Consoles Plus||Apr, 1995||92 out of 100||92|
|Retrogaming History||Jan 02, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Games & Computer Entertainment||Feb, 1995||9 out of 10||90|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Oct 02, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|neXGam||2002||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Video Games||Mar, 1995||81 out of 100||81|
|Play Time||Apr, 1995||80 out of 100||80|
|GamePro (US)||Jan, 1995||4 out of 5||80|
|Mega Fun||Apr, 1995||80 out of 100||80|
|Portable Review||Oct 29, 2005||26 out of 40||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BackgroundsOn some stages some of the game's other fighters appear in the background. Terry Bogard, Billy Kane and Mai Shiranui can be seen in the background on Andy Bogard's Venice stage, while Joe Higashi is visible on Big Bear's Australia stage.
Ryo SakazakiRyo Sakazaki, from Art of Fighting, is a secret character in the SNES, Genesis, and Sega CD versions of the game. You can unlock him via a code, or if you're good enough, you can fight against him after you beat the game.
The Game Gear version had him as a normal character. You don't need a special code to unlock him.
Information also contributed by Foxhack
Related Web Sites
- X360A achievement guide (X36A's achievement guide for Fatal Fury Special.)