DescriptionFinal Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls is a re-release of the two remakes of the original Famicom (NES) games with additional extras. This release also reduces the difficulty level of both games and has a few other gameplay modifications (for example, stats can no longer decrease in Final Fantasy II).
Final Fantasy I features four "Soul of Chaos" dungeons, unlocked during the course of the plot. These elemental dungeons are for high-level players, and contain a collection of bosses taken from later Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy II includes an extra storyline known as the "Soul of Rebirth." This mode is unlocked after completing the game and acts as an epilogue, featuring characters killed off in the main story. Both games gain a bestiary that tracks all the monsters the player has fought and their stats and weaknesses.
There are no promo images for this game
- "ファイナルファンタジーI・IIアドバンス" -- Japanese spelling
- "Final Fantasy I & II Advance" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Final Fantasy games
- Final Fantasy series
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Repetition
|Nothing ground-breaking, but a decent remake||Bregalad (938)||unrated|
|Fundamentals of Monster-Mashing||WWWWolf (422)||unrated|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jan, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Nov 30, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamezine||Nov 28, 2004||17 out of 20||85|
|RPGFan||Jan 24, 2005||80 out of 100||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 03, 2004||16 out of 20||80|
|UOL Jogos||Mar 08, 2005||80|
|GameSpy||Dec 01, 2004||80|
|Game Freaks 365||2005||7.9 out of 10||79|
|1UP||Nov 30, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Legendra||May 02, 2006||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesIn the original version of Final Fantasy on the NES, the tomb in Elfein read "Here lies Erdrick" - a reference to a prominent character in the Dragon Warrior series. In the Playstation re-release in Final Fantasy Origins, the tomb read "May Link Rest In Peace" - a reference to the protagonist in Nintendo's Legend of Zelda series.
Strangely enough, this text was not altered when the game was released for the Gameboy Advance - a Nintendo-made system!
- 2004 – #7 GBA Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- FF-Fan (A fansite that offers all kinds of information on the entire Final Fantasy franchise, including walkthroughs, game media, discussion boards and fan art.)
- Nintendo's official Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls site (Has information about the game, pictures, and downloadable content such as wallpapers, AIM icons, and more.)