DescriptionPokémon is back for another round catching and training! You're the new guy (or girl) in Littleroot Town, and the newest generation of Pokémon trainers. Professor Birch sends you on your way in your journey, with one of your choice of 3 starter Pokémon. There's Treecko (A grass-type chameleon-like little guy) Torchic (a Fire-type bird) and Mudkip (a Water-type amphibious creature).
Now, you've got a whole new world to explore in Hoenn, with eight new gyms and two-on-two battles, opening up a whole new myriad of tactics! New items, new Pokémon (over 350!!), and a new Pokédex to boot too! And of course we have our new villains, the nefarious Team Aqua, who plan on submerging the world in water in order to call out the Legendary Kyogre!
Only one person can stop them and become the ultimate Pokémon Master... You!
- "Pokémon: Version Saphir" -- French title
- "Pokémon: Saphir-Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon: Edición Zafiro" -- Spanish title
- "Pokémon AGB" -- working title
- "Pocket Monsters: Sapphire" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター サファイア" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Interior decorating
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games released as complementary versions
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|Pokémon on the GBA! What could possibly go wrong!||Rensch (218)|
|Better than the other ones!||truly_blue (3)|
|IGN||Mar 17, 2003||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Portable Review||Jul 12, 2006||37 out of 40||92|
|64 Power / big.N / N Games||Jul, 2003||88 out of 100||88|
|N-Zone||Aug 20, 2003||87 out of 100||87|
|NintendoWorldReport||Mar 17, 2003||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jul 18, 2003||16 out of 20||80|
|Super Play (Sweden)||Jul, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Deeko||2003||7 out of 10||70|
|Diehard GameFan||Dec 17, 2002||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Game Critics||Aug 06, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesPokémon Sapphire appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
AnimeThe girl character in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire became the basis for Haruka, one of the new characters to appear in the sixth anime series of Pocket Monsters: Pokémon Advance Generation. It was scheduled to debut in the U.S. in the fall of 2003, and Haruka's name was changed to May. Team Magma and Team Aqua were the subjects of several episodes in this series, and the boy character received a number of cameos.
Real-Time Clock IssuesEarly production runs of Sapphire and Ruby contained a glitch in which the in-game clock would stop functioning properly after 366 days, causing daily events to freeze until another year had passed. Once the glitch was discovered, Nintendo released a patch that could be downloaded through communication with other Pokémon games or special demo stations. However, once the cartridge's internal battery runs dry, the in-game clock will stop working entirely until the battery is replaced, which will eventually cause the glitch to resurface in cartridges that experienced the original issue.
ROM HackingPokémon Sapphire Version and its counterparts, Ruby and Emerald, have become popular games among ROM hackers, and are the focus of large and dedicated hacking communities. Several completed hacks have become well-known across the internet, and many specialized programs and scripts have been developed to assist ROM hackers for these titles.
- 2003 – #7 Game Boy Advance Game of the Year (together with Pokémon Ruby Version)
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Psypokes (An extremely good and comprehensive pokemon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the pokemon games and TGC.)