is a puzzle game with adventure elements, in which the player controls a team of three goblins: Oups, Ignatius and Asgard (Hooter, Dwayne, and BoBo in the US release) to find four magic components. A voodoo doll has turned their king Angoulafre mad and by collecting the components they can track down Niak the Wizard, the only one who can make things right. The player needs to solve various puzzles by combining the different skills of the three goblins. It's possible to switch between them and control them separately. Most of the puzzles are based on coordinated actions. One of the goblins can cast powerful but erratic spells, another can collect and use objects, and the last can hit things. Action icons are activated at the bottom of the screen. The game takes place in 22 stages, each of which has puzzles that must be solved in order to advance. The characters have limited energy, which can be sapped by traps.
- "頑皮小精靈" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Gobliny" -- Russian title
- "Goblins" -- Informal title
- "Gobliiins 1" -- Rre-release title
Part of the Following Group
False Windows release
release of Gobliiins
on CD-ROM marks it as a product for Windows (the spine and back of the jewel case read "Gobliiins For Windows"), but the contents of the disc are pure MS-DOS.
- ST Format
- January 1993 (issue #42) - #33 in '50 finest Atari ST games of all time' list
Related Web Sites
- Gobliins CD Patch Download (Sound Fix available from The Patches Scrolls)
- Hints for solving Gobliins (If you're stuck while playing this game, these hints will nudge you along and help you solve it.)
- ScummVM (Get "Gobliiins", as well as many other adventure games, to run on modern systems by using ScummVM, a legal and free program.)
- Walkthrough (Henning Koch's step by step solution)