DescriptionKen's Labyrinth is a first-person 3D shooter. The protagonist has to escape from an underground labyrinth populated by monsters while trying to rescue his dog Sparky. The game plays similarly to Wolfenstein 3D and involves the protagonist traversing colorful maze-like areas, shooting monsters on the way with exotic weapons such as a bubble-gum gun. The game's stand-out feature are interactive elements: there are vending and slot machines in the stages which the player can interact with, as well as breakable walls.
- "Walken" -- Development title
- "LAB3D/SDL" -- Windows and Linux title
Part of the Following Group
|The first Wolfenstein 3D clone!||DOS||Maw (849)|
|A true classic.||DOS||PimPamPet (89)|
|A classic.||DOS||Doug Brozek (8)|
|Rather engine-demo than a game.||DOS||Sir Gofermajster (481)|
|Great Game!!!||DOS||Andrew Fimiani (4)|
|This is a GAME?? I thought it was a homework project from BASIC 101!!||DOS||Satoshi Kunsai (1817)|
|A Classic? I don't think so.||DOS||Attila (496)|
|Amazingly bad.||DOS||Tomer Gabel (4416)|
The Press Says
|Shooterplanet||DOS||Jun 19, 2006||78 out of 100||78|
|Abandonia Reloaded||Windows||May 06, 2005||3.2 out of 5||64|
|GameHippo.com||DOS||Nov 17, 2001||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn November 16, 1999, Ken Silverman, with permission from Epic MegaGames, decided to release the full version of Ken's Labyrinth for free. As of that date, Epic was no longer selling it, and some of their other old games as well.
More info: ftp://ftp.gamers.org/pub/3daction/00archives/kenslabyrinth/releases/labfull.txt
The full game: ftp://ftp.gamers.org/pub/3daction/00archives/kenslabyrinth/releases/labfull.zip
Related Web Sites
- Download Ken's Labyrinth (Free, legal download of Ken's Labyrinth -- look for $KEN.ZIP)
- Ken's "Ken's Labyrinth" Page (Ken Silverman has a section on his personal site devoted to this game. Besides downloading the full registered version, you can also download BUILD versions of the levels, early versions of the program, and source code, including an early version written for QuickBasic 4.5.)
- LAB3D/SDL (LAB3D/SDL is a port of Ken's Labyrinth (using OpenGL and the SDL library) which runs on Windows, Linux and most other modern systems.)