DescriptionAfter having recovered the three treasures, King Graham has been crowned king. Now having needing a queen for companionship, Graham searches the land for a maiden, but to no avail, so he turns to the magic mirror for help. The mirror shows him a beautiful girl locked away in a quartz tower in a faraway land of Kolyma, and must find three keys that are used to unlock the door that will lead to her.
King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne is a graphic adventure game. As is typical for Sierra's AGI games, players move Graham around with arrow keys and perform actions by typing commands in the interface, which are usually a verb/noun sequence. Like the first game, a good knowledge of fairy tales is required to solve some puzzles.
- "KQ2" -- Informal abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
|Whosoever plays this game will have to remember their fairy tales||DOS||*Katakis* (37494)|
|great when I played it, but it sure didn't age well||DOS||Gothicgene (83)|
The Press Says
|The DOS Spirit||DOS||Dec 23, 2007||6 out of 6||100|
|CU Amiga||Amiga||Apr, 1994||84 out of 100||84|
|Tilt||Atari ST||Jun, 1987||16 out of 20||80|
|Adventure-Treff||DOS||Sep 13, 2002||79 out of 100||79|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Atari ST||1993||61 out of 100||61|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1993||61 out of 100||61|
|Adventure Gamers||DOS||Oct 28, 2005||60|
|Just Games Retro||DOS||Apr 29, 2007||60|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||59 out of 100||59|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn the "Pegasus" section, if you look in a hole in one of the screens, it'll play a quick demo for Space Quest.
Related Web Sites
- AGD Interactive (Download King's Quest 2 remake for free)
- King's Quest 2 complete pictorial walkthrough + easter eggs (KQ2 complete detailed walkthrough with screenshots & easter eggs. )
- KQ2 Hints (Robert Norton's hints will definitely help you get through this game.)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, Apple IIgs versions of King's Quest II under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- Sierra's Official Solution (Reprinted here on Games Over)