DescriptionThe Realm of Sun is a magical world situated above the Kingdom of Daventry. Powerful beings known as Archons dwell there, guarding the Mask of Eternity, which preserves balance in the world. But on an ominous day, Lucreto, the leader of the Archons, turns evil and shatters the Mask into pieces. One of such pieces falls down, right under the feet of a simple peasant and fighter named Connor. As he picks up the fragment, he finds out that all the inhabitants of the land have been turned into stone. He must now search for the other pieces of the Mask, repair it, and face Lucreto in the Realm of Sun.
King's Quest: Mask of Eternity is the eighth installment in the King's Quest series, and the first one done completely in 3D. Gameplay-wise, it differs from its predecessors by introducing considerable action and role-playing elements. It doesn't entirely depart from its adventure roots, however, featuring commands for looking, talking to people, picking up objects, and using them to solve inventory-based puzzles.
Connor may encounter hostile creatures and can fight them using his melee weapons or bow. Some portions of the game also include environmental hazards the protagonist has to avoid, or jumping puzzles reminiscent of platform games. RPG elements are present in character development: Connor gains experience points from vanquishing enemies and completing tasks, and eventually levels up, increasing his hit points and combat parameters. Weapons and armor can be found or bought for money obtained from defeated foes.
- "國王密使 8：永恆面具" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "KQ8" -- Common abbreviation
- "King's Quest: מסכת הנצח" -- Hebrew spelling
- "King's Quest: Masque d'Eternité" -- French title
- "King's Quest: Máscara da Eternidade" -- Brazilian title
- "King's Quest 8: Maske der Ewigkeit" -- German title
- "King's Quest 8: Mascara de Eternidad" -- Spanish title
- "King's Quest 8" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Jan 01, 1999||5 out of 5||100|
|Secret Service / New S Service||Jan, 1999||9 out of 10||90|
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Jan, 1999||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1998||86 out of 100||86|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan, 1999||85 out of 100||85|
|Gamesmania||1998||85 out of 100||85|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apr, 1999||80|
|IGN||Jan 08, 1999||7.8 out of 10||78|
|GameSpot||Dec 29, 1998||7.6 out of 10||76|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ProtagonistThis is the first game in the King's Quest series to not feature a member of the Graham family as the hero.
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1999 – Best Adventure-RPG in 1998
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Mask of Eternity (If you're having trouble with this game, these hints will help.)
- Interview with Mark Seibert (Mark Seibert talks with Just Adventure's Eivind Hagerup about Mask of Eternity (and other Sierra games).)
- King's Quest: Mask of Eternity - Wikipedia (information about the game on the open encyclopedia site)