King's Quest: Quest for the Crown
King's Quest: Quest for the Crown is a remake of King's Quest using Chris Jones' Adventure Game Studio engine. Unlike Sierra's own earlier remake of the same game, this version features VGA graphics, an icon-based point-and-click interface, voices (optional) and MP3 music (optional).
In 2009 AGD Interactive released King's Quest I VGA 4.0, which can be considered a remake of their original 2001 remake. It contains the following enhancements:
- Newly enhanced game backgrounds and character dialog portraits
- A new "no dead-ends" gameplay mode (optional) to ensure that the game can be completed from any point
- Full narrator speech and lip-syncing for all characters
- Windows Vista support
- Native Ogg Theora movies, which means in-game cutscenes and movies will now play in Linux and PC emulations under Macs
- Full digital speech and music tracks are now included as part of the download rather than being separate downloads
Credits (Windows version)
41 People (38 developers, 3 thanks) · View all
|Original Game by||
|General Midi Arrangements|
|Tierra Theme Music||
|[ full credits ]|
|DOS Version||eXo (345)||2013-05-07 12:52:59|
This fan-made game can be downloaded for free from here.
All developers contributing to the project originally chose to remain anonymous, although they have been revealed later.
Royal Quest, the working title for the game, was actually going to be more of a parody of King's Quest. It would feature a sort of "bad-ass" Graham who was more interested in fighting than solving puzzles. The game was cancelled, however, and King's Quest: Quest for the Crown development began. Coincidentally, an AGS game called Royal Quest was later in production using backgrounds and sprites ripped from King's Quest: Quest for the Crown. The maker denies any knowledge of its original incarnation of Royal Quest.
- AGS Awards
- 2001 - Best Room Art in an AGS Game
- 2001 - Best Animation in an AGS Game
- 2001 - Best AGS Documentation
Information also contributed by Neon Hammerite, Sciere and Zack Green
Related Sites +
The Adventure Game Studio Awards for 2001.
- MobyGames ID: 6418
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Anym.
Macintosh added by POMAH. Linux added by Zack Green.
Additional contributors: Indra was here, Alaka, Patrick Bregger.
Last modified March 9th, 2023.