DescriptionLocated in the corner of the Aranna continent, the Kingdom of Ehb has recently gained independence following a prolonged war. One day, a small farming community is attacked by a band of wild creatures known as Krug. One of the farmers has to venture to the neighboring town of Stonebridge to seek help. During his travels he finds out that an even greater peril is threatening the land, and must find a way to stop it.
Dungeon Siege is a role-playing game sharing many similarities with Diablo. It is heavily combat-oriented and emphasizes item-gathering and gradual building up of the protagonist for purely battle-related purposes. The game's linear progression is determined by quests that send the protagonist to newer areas. Combat is handled in a point-and-click fashion; when the player character fights alone, it resembles the action-based fights of Diablo. However, other characters may join the party as well, at which point combat flows in real time, somewhat similarly to the semi-automated party battles of Ultima VII. It is possible to build formations and assign basic tactics to the party as well.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 38 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "末日危城" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "地牢围攻" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Di Lao Wei Gong" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Diablo variants
- Dungeon Siege series
- Gameplay feature: Armor / Weapon sets
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Mac Gamer||Apr 25, 2003||99 out of 100||99|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jun 11, 2003||9.25 out of 10||92|
|Macworld||Aug 01, 2003||90|
|Mac Addict||Mar, 2004||80|
|JeuxMac.com||May, 2003||4 out of 5||80|
|AppleLinks.Com||Jun 30, 2003||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesDungeon Siege appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2002 – Tech W'd Like To See More Of Award (for its missing loading times)
Related Web Sites
- Building a Better RPG (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Dungeon Siege, with commentary provided by Writer Neal Hallford (March, 2003).)
- Dungeon Siege Planet (English fansite.)
- Hints for Dungeon Siege (Designed to give you just as much information as you need, these hints will help you solve the game without spoiling it.)
- Official website (Official website)
- Planet Dungeon Siege (All things Dungeon Siege.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.