Not an American user?
DescriptionThe second expansion to Neverwinter Nights, Hordes of the Underdark takes you beneath Waterdeep into Undermountain. Undermountain has been contained beneath Waterdeep ever since it was created, but the creator has disappeared and the monsters are fighting for supremacy as well as coming out into Waterdeep.
But that's not the worst of it. The Dark Elves are attacking in stealth. These Drow are killing off various wealthy and powerful people in Waterdeep as they sleep. Waterdeep cannot handle all these problems alone and so they put out a call for adventurers.
After having saved Neverwinter and completing your journey in Shadows of Undrentide, the people of Waterdeep know of you and wish to have you join in the defense of the city. But a defense is not enough... you will have to go down into Undermountain, down to do battle with the Hordes of the Underdark!
The expansion brings you 16 new creatures, 4 new tilesets, 6 new prestige classes, over 50 new feats, over 40 new spells, new music and voices, new functionality in the toolset, 20+ hours of gameplay in the main campaign, and characters can now reach level 40.
- "絕冬城之夜之黯影謎咒" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "无冬之夜：幽城魔影" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "NWN: Hordes of the Underdark" -- Common abbreviation
- "Neverwinter Nights: Orde dal Sottosuolo" -- Italian title
- "Neverwinter Nights: Las Hordas de la Infraoscuridad" -- Spanish title
- "Neverwinter Nights: Die Horden des Unterreichs" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Aurora
- D&D / AD&D licensees
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Neverwinter Nights series
|An impressive finale to the Neverwinter Nights saga||Windows||Alyassus Honeste (139)|
The Press Says
|Worth Playing||Windows||Jan 20, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Armchair Empire, The||Windows||Feb 07, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamigo||Windows||Apr 15, 2004||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Macintosh||Sep 14, 2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|FiringSquad||Windows||Dec 10, 2003||84 out of 100||84|
|GameSpot||Windows||Dec 08, 2003||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Joystick (French)||Windows||Apr, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Factornews||Windows||Dec 29, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Netjak||Windows||Feb 08, 2004||7.5 out of 10||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Expand Your Neverwinter Nights Journeys -- An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Hordes of the Underdark (July, 2004).
- GameFaqs Files -- Numerous files about Hordes of the Underdark, for download or viewing.
- Hints for Hordes of the Underdark -- Complete strategy guide and solutions in question and answer format.
Andrew Nobbs (Colonel Bob)Additional Design: