DescriptionNintendogs lets you take care of virtual pets (dogs, obviously) on your Nintendo DS. You can train your puppies by speaking commands into the microphone, pat the pooch with the stylus, play games like as "fetch" with a Frisbee, buy toys, food, and accessories, and take part in competitions to win trophies.
If there are other Nintendo DS users with Nintendogs nearby with both of you in "Bark Mode", you can link the games wirelessly and see both dogs on the same screen.
You initially only have 6 (US/EU), 5 (JP) of the 18 (US/EU), 15 (JP) breeds available when you start playing the game (the six breeds being determined by which version of the game you buy), but as you progress, you unlock more breeds and items to buy. If you connect with another user that has another breed of dog not available to you then their dog's breed will be unlocked for you.
The available versions to purchase are:
- Chihuahua & Friends: Beagle, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chihuahua, Labrador Retriever, Shih Tzu.
- Miniature Dachshund & Friends: German Shepherd, Miniature Dachshund, Miniature Schnauzer, Pug, Yorkshire Terrier.
- Shiba & Friends: Miniature Pinscher, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Shetland Sheepdog, Shiba Inu, Toy Poodle.
- Chihuahua & Friends: Boxer, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chihuahua, German Shepherd, Shetland Sheepdog, Yorkshire Terrier.
- Dachshund & Friends: Beagle, Golden Retriever, Miniature Dachshund, Pug, Shih Tzu, Siberian Husky.
- Lab & Friends: Labrador Retriever, Miniature Pinscher, Miniature Schnauzer, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Shiba Inu, Toy Poodle.
- Best Friends Version (North America - bundled with DS): Beagle, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Miniature Dachshund, Yorkshire Terrier.
- Dalmatian & Friends: Dalmatian, Boxer, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Yorkshire Terrier, Beagle.
- "ニンテンドッグス 柴＆フレンズ" -- Japanese spelling (Shiba & Friends version)
- "任天狗狗" -- iQue - Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "任天狗" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Puppy Times" -- Working title
- "ニンテンドッグス ダックス＆フレンズ" -- Japanese spelling (Dachs & Friends version)
- "ニンテンドッグス チワワ＆フレンズ" -- Japanese spelling (Chihuahua & Friends version)
- "ニンテンドッグス" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Dogs / Wolves
- Games released as complementary versions
- Genre: Simulation - Pet
- Nintendogs series
- Touch! Generations games
|An Endearingly Clever Pet Simulator.||Guy Chapman (2001)|
|Edutaining Kids||Aug, 2005||A+||100|
|GameSpot||Aug 19, 2005||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Extreme Gamer||Sep 04, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Aug 19, 2005||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Game Freaks 365||2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|DreamStation.cc||Jan 23, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Game Shark||Aug 31, 2005||B+||83|
|Game Informer Magazine||Sep, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Sep 10, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Good-Evil.net||Mar 13, 2007||3 out of 6||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesNintendogs appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
References in other gamesThe Nintendogs appear as an assist trophy in the Wii game Super Smash Bros.: Brawl.
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Nintendogs sold 23.96 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).
- 2005 – Best Simulation of the Year
- 2005 – Best Use of DS Hardware (Chihuahua & Friends version)
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2006 - Family Game of the Year
- 2006 - Girls' Choice Award
Related Web Sites
- Nintendogs for Nintendo DS (Official website)