Game Groups > Gameplay feature: Pettable animals
Games where the player can take deliberate, explicit action to pet an animal (usually by pushing a button, clicking on the animal with the cursor, using a stylus or touching the screen). Such animals usually include dogs, cats, horses, or rabbits but may also include other species (including fantasy creatures). Humans do not count as animals in this instance.
Many of these games were featured on the Twitter account Can You Pet the Dog?, which has been chronicling these instances since 2019 and has inspired many developers to include this feature in their game.
Note: DLC/add-ons should only be included if they explicitly add the ability to pet animals.
- Animals: Dogs / Wolves
- Game Economy System: Energy / Stamina
- Gameplay feature: Controllable pet companions
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Horse riding
- Gameplay feature: House ownership
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Interior decorating
- Games made into comics
- Genre: Simulation - Pet
[ Page 1 of 5 ] [ Next ]