DescriptionPokémon FireRed takes the player into the world of Kanto on a mission to catch all of the 350 pokémon for Pokémon researcher Prof. Oak. Pokémon are animal-looking creatures that pretty much form this and all the other games in the Pokémon Universe. The challenge is to capture them all using pokéballs and an own set of these strange creatures, as well as training them for the ultimate battle, the Elite Four!
The game is a remake of the original Pokémon Red and offers the same diversity of gameplay as the original. However, this game has got everything the player might miss in the classic game: updated art and graphics, new pokémon, and perhaps the most interesting: the wireless adapter. This allows the player to trade wireless with friends within a limited radius. In addition to all of this, the player may explore a new set of islands outside of Kanto, the Sevii Islands! Enter the union room, make a dream team or explore the world of Kanto in this epic gameplay experience from the Universe of Pokémon.
Gotta catch 'em all!
- "Pokémon Version Rouge Feu" -- French title
- "Pokémon Rosso Fuoco" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon Rojo Fuego" -- Spanish title
- "Pokémon Feuerrote Edition" -- German title
- "Pocket Monsters FireRed" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター ファイアレッド" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games released as complementary versions
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|The perfect remake of one of the greatest games ever!||Spag (70)|
|Takes the original and improves it tenfold!||colm52 (122)|
|Deaf Gamers||2004||9.2 out of 10||92|
|GamerDad||Oct 29, 2004||90|
|GameZone||Sep 22, 2004||8.9 out of 10||89|
|N-Zone||Oct 28, 2004||83 out of 100||83|
|VicioJuegos.com||Jul 07, 2005||82 out of 100||82|
|Gamekult||Oct 04, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|NintendoWorldReport||Oct 05, 2004||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 01, 2004||15 out of 20||75|
|Jeuxvideo.fr||Oct 08, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|1UP||Aug 09, 2004||C+||58|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Link cableThis game, along with Pokémon LeafGreen Version, is the first (in the US at least...) to support a wireless link cable, which comes with the game.
ReferencesDespite having a SNES in the original games (Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version), the main character of the remakes has a NES.
- 2004 – #3 GBA Game of the Year
- 2004 – GBA RPG of the Year
- 2004 - Rehash of the Year (GBA)
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen (Official Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen web site by Nintendo of America. )
- Psypokes (A comprehensive Pokémon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the games.)