DescriptionRipper is an interactive FMV adventure that is played out in the New York of 2040. Brutal killings reminiscent of Jack the Ripper soon get personal and you, crime reporter Jack Quinlan, must solve the mystery.
The game plays much like other Take 2 Interactive works, such as Black Dahlia. Solve puzzles and react quickly in combat settings to survive. There are 4 possible endings, and 3 hours of video footage.
- "凶兆" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "L'Eventreur" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
|Flawed, but memorable.||DOS||Chris Woodard (4)|
|Coming Soon Magazine||DOS||Jun 14, 1996||92 out of 100||92|
|Mac Ledge||Macintosh||Nov 13, 1996||8.1 out of 10||81|
|High Score||DOS||Jun, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|Adventure Gamers||DOS||May 20, 2002||80|
|Power Play||DOS||Apr, 1996||72 out of 100||72|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Jun, 1996||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Apr, 1996||60|
|Adventure Corner||DOS||Apr 08, 2008||60|
|Entertainment Weekly||DOS||Apr 05, 1996||C+||58|
|GameSpot||DOS||May 01, 1996||3.6 out of 10||36|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaFeatures an all-star cast including Christopher Walken, Burgess Meredith, Karen Allen, John Rhys-Davies, Paul Giamatti, Jimmie JJ Walker and Scott Cohen. Ripper also features music from the Blue Oyster Cult.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Ripper (Question and answer type hints lead you to the full solutions)
- Karen Allen's Ripper Page (More information and links about Ripper on a page by Karen Allen, one of the actresses in the game.)
- Playing Ripper in Windows XP (Inferno tells you exactly how to install and set up Ripper for your Windows XP computer)
- Ripper Walkthrough (Step by step guide)
Detective Vincent Magnotta: