Not an American user?
DescriptionUru: Ages Beyond Myst continues the saga of the D'ni at a different point in their time line. In the first Myst game, players met the sons of Atrus whose actions contributed to the demise of the D'ni Ages. In Uru, players instead interact with Atrus' daughter, Yeesha, who sends them on a quest through the linking books.
As in the earlier games, players progress through exploration, finding clues, and solving puzzles.
Unlike previous games in the series, Uru allows players to utilize both first- and third-person perspectives. A new play-style has also been introduced to capitalize on the game's use of real-time 3D, allowing players to run, strafe, climb, and jump through the game world. The game's interface reflects this, as players must now use both the mouse and the keyboard to control the protagonist.
The game does not utilize a traditional savegame system but instead saves the player's progress whenever the program is exited. Checkpoints exist in each location.
- "迷霧之島Uru" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "乌鲁：神秘岛前传" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Wulu: Shenmidao Qianzhuan" -- Chinese title
- "Myst Online" -- Working title
- "Mudpie" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
|Finally a Myst with a believable world||Mattias Kreku (424)|
|Myst fans - you're in for a shock||Jeanne (75627)|
|The most fun I've had with an adventure game in 2003||Zack Green (1015)|
|Cool game; Publisher disagrees||i80and (6)|
The Press Says
|Just Adventure||Nov 19, 2003||A||100|
|GameZone||Dec 21, 2003||9.3 out of 10||93|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Dec 01, 2003||18 out of 20||90|
|IGN||Dec 04, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Chronicles||Feb 23, 2004||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Gamigo||Dec 24, 2003||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Adventurearchiv||Dec 15, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|G4 TV: X-Play||Apr 10, 2006||80|
|Stratos Group||Jan 13, 2004||3.7 out of 5||74|
|GameSpy||Dec 15, 2003||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Dec 13, 2011
TriviaPeter Gabriel, of Genesis fame, was rather enthusiastic about the release of Uru, so one of his latest songs is actually featured in the game: 'Burn You Up, Burn You Down' (The italian release even featured a sticker on the cover of Uru Collector's saying 'Features a new song by Peter Gabriel!').
He will do the same with Myst IV, but with a new song altogether, written specifically for the game.
Related Web Sites
- D'ni Restoration Council Site -- Gameplay information and quests ranking/statistics
- Hints for URU -- Question and answer hint file giving you nudges before the final solution is revealed. Excellent file written by the creator of the Universal Hint System, Jason Strautman.
- Official Uru Live Site -- Information about Uru Live
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst -- Wikipedia page about this game and its expansions
- URU: Ages Beyond Myst -- Official Home Page
- URU Obsession Forum -- Message board for fans of the game
- URU Walkthrough by Bert Jamin -- Bert's walkthrough includes screenshots to help with the puzzles.
- Zarf's Review -- A review of Ages Beyond Myst by Andrew Plotkin (November, 2003).
Jeanne (75627) added Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (Windows) on Nov 15, 2003
Graphics, Core Architecture:
Technical Art Lead: