DescriptionAmerican Conquest is a realtime-strategy game with masses of enemies and allies - you have to conquer (as the game-title suggests) and defend the American continent. The game features the wars and struggles from 1492 to 1813, a multiplayer-mode, up to 16.000 units, 12 nations you can play (from Hispanics to Sioux) and a 3D graphics-engine...
American Conquest combines realtime strategy with complex tactics features. You have to control huge armies, find the best formation and build up strong companies and find the best blend of long and short range units. There are 100 different units and 106 buildings.
The game features 8 campaigns with 42 missions such as Pizarro's Expedition, the War of Tecumseh, the Seven Years War and the American War of Independence.
GSC Gameworld also built in a diplomacy system, and something resembling a moral system. Wins and defeats influence your army's strength.
Also, you can play six historical battles in the multiplayer-mode. And nine solo-missions that aren't part of a campaign.
- "征服美洲" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Завоевание Америки" -- Russian spelling
- "American Conquest: Three Centuries of War" -- Tag-lined title
- "American Conquest: Revivez 3 siècles de Guerres" -- French tag-lined title ("Collection Strategie" release)
Part of the Following Groups
|This game is a big disappointment.||James Kirk (159)|
|Deaf Gamers||2003||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Feb 14, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|GamePlasma||Oct 07, 2003||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Game Watcher||Aug 12, 2003||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Gameguru Mania||Mar 24, 2003||80 out of 100||80|
|GameSpy||Feb 27, 2003||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov, 2002||75 out of 100||75|
|ESC Magazine||Apr 17, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|GameBump/Gaming Horizon||2003||6.4 out of 10||64|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||May, 2003||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CameosMany GSC Gameworld developers have a cameo appearance in American Conquest. An example is Oleg Yavorsky as an 18th century English officer in one of the missions. He is also on the box cover twice as an American native, together with other developers.
Related Web Sites
- American Conquest (official website)
- American Conquest (Dutch fansite)
- American Conquest (Polish Fansite)
- AmericanConquest.de.nr (German fansite)
- American Conquest - Info en Español (Spanish fansite)
- American-Conquest.net (German fansite)
- American Conquest Tech Depot (An English fansite offering various material)
- American Conquest - Wikipedia (article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
- Hawks Battles (Offers new scenarios for American Conquest)