is the first installment of Microsoft's Close Combat series
that bases its power more on a strategy, then on real-time battling. You're placed as the battlefield commander as you command your troops in Normandy. Choose either to play as Axis or an Allies.
- "戰鬥神將" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Project X" -- Working title
- "Close Combat: Take command of men who act like real soldiers" -- Tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Prenez le commandement de véritables soldats" -- French tag-lined title
- "Beyond Squad Leader" -- Working title
- "Advanced Squad Leader" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are currently no topics for this game.
The concept of Close Combat
had been in the works for a long time. The basic game design already existed as Project X
at the time Atomic Games was working on the V for Victory
games for Three-Sixty Pacific, Inc.
, later became Advanced Squad Leader
and Beyond Squad Leader
when Avalon Hill
wanted them to do a Squad Leader
video game, and it was eventually called Close Combat
when Atomic Games teamed up with Microsoft.
(124016) added Close Combat
(Windows) on Jul 15, 2000
Other platforms contributed by Scaryfun