Command the heroes and armies of Middle-Earth in an RTS strategy game that crosses the bounds between the gameplay media and Hollywood film studios.
You get to decide the destiny of Middle-Earth and take control of either the Good side or the Evil side as the forces of Gondor, Rohan, Isengard or Mordor.
Cast spells and mobilize hundreds of units as you vie to take control of the One Ring.
The game takes an old-school, Command and Conquer approach to J.R.R. Tolkien's acclaimed universe, with one important twist: there is no real interface to speak of: structures can only be built on predefined sites and, like the units, they are ordered through a circular context-sensitive command menu that ensures that you get pulled into the action.
Also, the license of the game is taken from the movies, allowing it to have the voices, likeness and even clips from the Hollywood production extravaganza.
- "魔戒：中土戰爭" -- Taiwan title
- "指环王: 中土战争" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Zhihuan Wang: Zhongtu Zhangzhen" -- Chinese Title
- "Wladca Pierscieni: Bitwa o Sródziemie" -- Polish Title
- "Slaget om Midgård: Härskarringen" -- Swedish Title
- "Ringenes Herre: Kampen om Midgard" -- Norwegian title
- "O Senhor dos Anéis: A Batalha Pela Terra Média" -- Portuguese title
- "Le Seigneur des Anneaux: La bataille pour la terre du milieu" -- French Title
- "El Señor de los Anillos: Batalla por la Tierra Media" -- Spanish Title
- "Der Herr der Ringe: Die Schlacht um Mittelerde" -- German Title
- "A Gyűrűk Ura: Harc Középföldéért" -- Hungarian Title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
||Jan 10, 2005
||Dec 14, 2004
||9 out of 10
||Jan 03, 2005
||90 out of 100
||Dec 07, 2004
||8.4 out of 10
||Dec 03, 2004
||8.3 out of 10
||Dec 12, 2004
||83 out of 100
||Dec 17, 2004
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)
||Dec 15, 2004
||76 out of 100
||Dec 01, 2004
There are currently no topics for this game.
closed the game's online servers on 31st December 2010.
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Best Use of a License of the Year
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by PhoenixFire (83)
on Dec 12, 2004.