DescriptionAfter Sauron's defeat in The Battle of the Last Alliance his most powerful servant called the Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul fled to the Lands north of Misty Mountains. Over a thousand years have now past and the return of Sauron is near but before he can return once again to the world, the Witch-King needs to dominate the northern reaches of Middle-earth and defend his mighty stronghold against the forces of the Good.
In this add-on for The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II it is your goal to lead the great armies of the Witch-King called the Angmar to victory. But there are also other mentionable additions and changes which come with this add-on:
All six factions from the main game now have access to new units and heroes like Prince Brand a Dwarven captain or the Uruk Deathbringers on the side of Isengard which are powerful two-handed swords-fighters.
The Create-A-Hero feature got a new class called Olog-hai which consists of three Troll subtypes now available for selection. There's also a new feature called "Variable Hero Cost" which allows you to not only customize the look and abilities but also the cost to build your hero as well.
The War of the Ring mode now has two new historical scenarios more and the world map got an overall update.
- "魔戒：中土戰爭Ⅱ(資料片)：巫王的崛起" -- Taiwan title
- "Властелин Колец: Битва за Средиземье 2. Под знаменем Короля-чародея" -- Russian title
- "RotWK" -- Common abbreviation
- "Ringarnas Herre: Slaget om Midgård II - Häxkungens Tid" -- Swedish title
- "Le Seigneur Des Anneaux: La Bataille Pour La Terre Du Milieu II: L'Avenement Du Roi Sorcier" -- French title
- "Il Signore degli Anelli: La battaglia per la Terra di Mezzo II - L'Ascesa del Re Stregone" -- Italian title
- "El Señor de los Anillos: La Batalla por la Tierra Media – El Resurgir del Rey Brujo" -- Spanish Title
- "Der Herr der Ringe: Die Schlacht um Mittelerde II - Aufstieg des Hexenkönigs" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Sage 3D
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth series
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Powerplay||Nov 22, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
|ActionTrip||Dec 01, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
|GameZone||Dec 12, 2006||8.3 out of 10||83|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Dec 12, 2006||82 out of 100||82|
|IGN||Nov 30, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|GameDaily||Dec 07, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Gamer Within||Jan 16, 2007||7.9 out of 10||79|
|GameSpot||Dec 04, 2006||7.3 out of 10||73|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2006||72 out of 100||72|
|Eurogamer.de||Nov 28, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Online ServersElectronic Arts closed the game's online servers for the Windows version on 31st December 2010.
Related Web Sites
- Rise of the Witch-King section on GameReplays.org (Center of the competitive community and home to the unofficial 2.02 patch, which fixes numerous bugs, glitches, imbalances and oversights.)
Executive Vice President and General Manager: