DescriptionEight adventurers were traveling in a spaceship, pursuing the Guardians Corak and Sheltem. The Guardians went to the world of Xeen, but the adventurers drifted off-course and crash-landed on the planet Enroth. There, they had an argument concerning what to do next, and split into two groups. About the same time, Archibald Ironfist, the brother of King Roland of Enroth, escapes from his homeland and arrives on the continent of Antagarich, becoming a new necromancer leader.
Meanwhile, a nobleman named Lord Markham announces a scavenger hunt on Emerald Isle. The first prize is the deed to the Castle Harmondale, and it is won by one of the two parties of adventurers from another world. From that point on, the two groups become antagonists, pursuing their own agenda and allying themselves with the local forces, attempting to change the fate of the planet.
For Blood and Honor is the seventh installment in the Might and Magic series of role-playing games, and a sequel to both the third and the sixth one plot-wise. It uses the same 3D engine as its immediate predecessor in the series, and also allows the player to generate and control a party of four characters and alternate between real-time or turn-based battle systems. As opposed to the human-only party of the previous game, the player can choose between humans, elves, dwarves, and goblins. The class and skill system from the sixth game returns as well, with a few minor adjustments.
This installment of the series places an emphasis on moral decisions, allowing the player-controlled party to ally with different factions and ultimately choose either a good or an evil path. There are also side quests in the game, some of which are time-sensitive and require the player to consult an in-game calendar. The card mini-game Arcomage is introduced as well.
- "魔法门VII: 血统与荣耀" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
- "魔法門 7" -- Chinese Title (Tradition)
- "MM7" -- abbreviation
- "Might and Magic VII: Za Krew i Honor" -- Polish Title
- "Might and Magic VII: Pour le Sang et l'Honneur" -- French Title
- "Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honour" -- UK Title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Paper doll inventory
- Might and Magic series
- Might and Magic universe
|RPGFan||Aug 13, 1999||90 out of 100||90|
|Pelit||Jun, 1999||87 out of 100||87|
|Power Unlimited||Aug, 1999||8.2 out of 10||82|
|PC Gamer Brasil||Aug, 1999||81 out of 100||81|
|FiringSquad||Jun 27, 1999||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Joker||Aug, 1999||79 out of 100||79|
|GameStar (Germany)||Aug, 1999||75 out of 100||75|
|Gaming Entertainment Monthly||Jul 13, 1999||65 out of 100||65|
|PC Gamer||Sep, 1999||63 out of 100||63|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Sep, 1999||50 out of 100||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn a quest for the light path you have to rescue a woman who is held in William Setags tower. Setag is Gates spelled backwards and Bill is short for William. They were having a poke at Bill Gates of Microsoft.
Related Web Sites
- Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor (official website)
- Faqs and walkthrough (posted on gamefaqs.com)
- Flamestryke's MM7 Web Pages (Comprehensive site with maps and lists.)
- Horizon Beyond Honor (The most unique and informative fan site over the whole internet dedicated to the greatest classic computer RPG of 1999 by New World Computing, news, game infos, gameguides, walkthroughs, trophies and more...)
- Portails sur Might and Magic (The most complete fan site in french about MM6, 7, 8 and 9.)
- The Dark Dragon's RPG Cavern: Might and Magic 7 (Fan site with the usual game info.)
- Wikipedia Entry (Information on Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor in the free online encyclopedia: Wikipedia.)