DescriptionRaptor is a vertically-scrolling shoot 'em up. It features smooth scrolling VGA graphics, a variety of enemies on ground, air and sea, and an original soundtrack.
After completing each level you have the option of upgrading your ship with a powerful arsenal of weapons and goodies. Some weapons are effective on only ground or air targets, while some are on both. There are some really advanced weapons like the auto-track mini-gun which can effectively destroy almost any kind of targets without aiming the ship.
Dying in shoot'em ups can be annoying, especially if you have to start all over the beginning. However, in Raptor you can save your game between each level. If you have enough credit you can even buy multiple shields for further protection.
The 2010 edition of Raptor: Call of the Shadows includes improved graphics and native support for higher resolutions (640x400, 960x600 and 1280x800). Standard graphics are also available.
- "Raptor: Call of the Shadows - 2015 Edition" -- Windows Steam title
- "Raptor: Call of the Shadows - 2010 Edition" -- Downloadable re-release title
- "Mercenary 2029" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
|The only "Flight Game" I've ever enjoyed playing.||Dason Rise (20)|
|Amazing how some old games are still better than new ones.....||ThE oNe (184)||unrated|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Shareware versionIn the shareware version (which contains 1/3 of the game), you can play indefinitely, if you managed to survive the final boss level. You are simply sent back to level 1, with your score intact!
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1995 – Best Shareware Game in 1994
Related Web Sites
- Mountain King Studios (Developers of "Raptor: Call of the Shadows".)
- Raptor: Call of the Shadows (Apogee's official homepage for Raptor: Call of the Shadows)