Moby ID: 2023
- tri-Ace Ltd. (from 1995-03-16 to 1996-08)
Overview edit · view history
Tri-Ace was founded by Yoshiharu Gotanda, Masaki Norimoto and Joe Asanuma in 1995. These three were the Three Aces from Wolf Team. Joe Asanuma protested because Asanuma was the director and head of Wolf Team but they brought in Eiji Kikuchi to direct the game Tales of Phantasia. Meanwhile, Yoshiharu Gotanda and Masaki Norimoto were protesting how Namco marketed the game "Tale Phantasia" (Namco changed its name to Tales of Phantasia, took the copyright and the trademark, etc.) that Gotanda wrote and totally programmed and Norimoto designed. These protests pushed the game's release back by almost a year. Many other development staff members involved with Wolf Team also left and participated in the founding of Tri-Ace, such as: Yoshiaki Inagaki, Hiroya Hatsushiba, Motoi Sakuraba, Kenichi Kanekura, Shigeru Ueki and Mari Kimura.
Initially the company was headed by Joe Asanuma, but he left in 1998 to pursue other interests and Yoshiharu Gotanda took over the position.
The company has been financed by Enix since it began its operations. This did not change with the merger of Square and Enix into Square Enix. Square Enix also publishes the games that Tri-Ace develops.
Credited on 29 Games from 1996 to 2022
Displaying most recent · View all
|Star Ocean: The Divine Force (2022 on Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5...)|
|Tales of Crestoria (2020 on iPhone, Android, iPad)|
|Star Ocean: Anamnesis (2018 on Android, iPad, iPhone)|
|Star Ocean: The Last Hope (2017 on Windows, PlayStation 4)|
|Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (2016 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4)|
|Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (2015 on PS Vita, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Now)|
|Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015 on Wii U)|
|XenobladeX (2015 on Wii U)|
|Phantasy Star Nova (2014 on PS Vita)|
|Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2013 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)|
|Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Collector's Edition) (2012 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)|
|Frontier Gate (2011 on PSP)|
|Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (2010 on PlayStation 3)|
|Resonance of Fate (2010 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4...)|
|Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Limited Collector's Edition) (2009 on Xbox 360)|
|Star Ocean: The Last Hope (2009 on Xbox 360)|
|Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (2008 on Nintendo DS)|
|Infinite Undiscovery (2008 on Xbox 360)|
|Star Ocean: Second Evolution (2008 on PSP, PS Vita, PlayStation 4...)|
|Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (2006 on PlayStation 2)|
[ view all ]
- March 2015
Company becomes a subsidiary of Nepro Japan.
- August 1996
The corporation is reorganized and tri-Ace Ltd. becomes tri-Ace Inc.
- March 16th, 1995
Related Web Sites +
- 13 games with Square Enix, Inc.
- 11 games with Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- 8 games with Square Enix (2009) Limited
- 6 games with Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 5 games with Enix Corporation
- 4 games with Production I.G, Inc.
- 4 games with Valve Corporation
- 3 games with tri-Crescendo Inc.
- 3 games with Polygon Magic, Inc.
- 3 games with Plaion GmbH (Germany)
- 18 games with Motoi Sakuraba
- 18 games with Yoshiharu Gotanda
- 17 games with Masaki Norimoto
- 13 games with Yutaka Sano
- 13 games with Yoshinori Yamagishi
- 12 games with Kenichi Kanekura
- 12 games with Shinji Hashimoto
- 12 games with Chikaaki Tokuhiro
- 12 games with Hajime Kojima
- 12 games with Shuichi Kobayashi