Forums > Suggestions > Why 2 separate lists (havelist and wantlist)?

saturnsailor (4) on 3/21/2017 4:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Can someone clarify why there are 2 separate lists (havelist and wantlist)? What about 'usedtohave' list then? And 'hadthensoldbutgotagain' list? And so on. Why not have only 1 list with indicators (1 column in the database):

1. I own it and played it
  2. I own it but didn't play it yet
  3. I own it and want to sell/trade it
  4. I used to own it, played it and sold it
  5. I used to own it, didn't paly it and sold it
  6. I don't own it and want it

Even if someone has a very large collection they should be able to filter it with the above criteria plus Platform and see everything instead of searching through the lists. Or am I missing something?

Rwolf (23328) on 3/21/2017 5:22 PM · Permalink · Report

The have & want is the basic ones; you can use these to coordinate if sombody wants a game, they can crosscheck if someone else has it (and wants to trade it).

Any other lists are up to the user to create & sort. I made a list of games included in my compilations, just to see if there was something to add to the database from those (which is a selection in the 'most wanted' page).

saturnsailor (4) on 3/22/2017 1:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Thank you for the explanation. I'll need to dig into this more but I know the "Played it but no longer own it" indicator is missing. I would like to see that to avoid buying again a game I used to have but decided to sell. As time goes by those details can become clouded.

Rwolf (23328) on 3/22/2017 6:50 AM · Permalink · Report

These lists are not neccessarily publicly readable, that is optional. Also, you can easily create a new list with whatever title you want.