☕ Drink your coffee or tea with your very own MobyGames mug

Forums > Suggestions > Lost tips&tricks submissions

Rwolf (22837) on 1/14/2024 12:26 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Please restore the old Tips&Tricks section to the game submissions, it is useful for finding fixes to odd game issues, IMO.

I don't know why it was removed even - there must be some thoughts as to why?

MobyReed (325) on 2/15/2024 10:34 PM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

We just haven't fully ported it and want to rethink the approach before bringing it back, because it was being used very little on the old site.

If you (or anyone) have any thoughts on why it wasn't being used much, or how we might improve it or refocus it, please post your thoughts and ideas here.

Especially if there's any unmet need that GameFaqs et al are missing that we might be able to fulfill.

Rwolf (22837) on 2/16/2024 12:07 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I took it as an opportunity to add game-play information,especially things that were not easily found online any more from old websites not archived by the wayback machine.

Also I have added information about how to get old games running on new computers, or sometimes why a game had issues running at all, like being built with old Adobe Director environments which could not be updated. Maybe this site is more for the archival purpose of meta information about the games than actually playing them? That would limit the interest of such information.

I have looked at the GameFAQ site, and while there are Q&A sections for games, that tab is mostly empty, at least for the games I have been looking at.

Cantillon (77815) on 2/16/2024 1:03 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

"Also I have added information about how to get old games running on new computers"

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home ?

Rwolf (22837) on 2/16/2024 1:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Bookmarked, thanks.