☕ Drink your coffee or tea with your very own MobyGames mug

Forums > Find a game > Wave defense game with realistic US army vehicles starting with a stationary howitzer

zupreme on 4/11/2024 1:58 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

The game looked kinda like this:https://imgur.com/v2JItUK

I remember it started with a howitzer and enemy trucks coming from a far and each one passing the screen behind you losing you scores. It was a pc game between 200-2007. Kinda realistic shaders. Might be changing vehicles after some set of missions. I really want to learn what it was and play it again for nostalgia sake.

vedder (70970) on 4/12/2024 10:05 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Beach Head or another entry in the series?

zupreme on 4/12/2024 1:41 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I don't think so, it was a bit way more modern and it consisted actual 3d like graphics with good shaders. Same series was also suggested on reddit last week I don't know if it was you :) But it started with a big howitzer as it needed to reload like once in every 7 8 seconds and it shells needed 1 2 seconds to land depending on the distance.

zupreme on 4/16/2024 7:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

bump

Rwolf (22838) on 4/16/2024 9:06 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Maybe something here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artillery_video_games

zupreme on 4/16/2024 10:58 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Thanks, thist list made me very excited at first. But it looks like this list only contains stuff like where you battle against the other player in a hot seat where you both try to calculate angle and power and throw stuff each other like ballerburg and worms, those are also stuff I love but the thing I am looking for was like a straight military game and not to be sure but artillery aspect might be even changing to something else at a point. Is there a way that I can get another list like this for military vehicle games?

Rwolf (22838) on 4/17/2024 1:37 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Moby's game browser may give some more ideas; like this list of (currently) 81 games:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/from:2000/genre:real-time/genre:war/platform:windows/until:2007/sort:moby_score/page:1/

If nothing is found there, try some variations of the years and genres in the selection boxes.

zupreme on 4/19/2024 12:26 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I tried changing the genre and checked every relevant title, currently no avail. I guess the game was too niche to be known. I will try changing the dates as well.

Rwolf (22838) on 4/19/2024 6:10 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

If it was something played online, try the 'browser' platform, it might have been a flash game. (If you used an older PC, it could be on Windows 3.x or DOS, which are other platforms to check)

zupreme on 4/19/2024 8:16 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

It was way too advanced for that, It was installed via a setup since I got it from a pirated game seller in a cd together with condition zero,full spectrum ten hammer,mortyr 2, conflict vietnam etc. I am not sure if they were bundled games from PC gaming magazine and he extracted them from there but yeah...