Forums > Bounty Board > Battletech: Ubawareta Seihai (X68000, PC98)

Infernos (44622) on 5/2/2014 1:09 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I came upon a game called Battletech: Ubawareta Seihai for the Sharp X68000 and PC-98, but since I don't know MechWarrior (BattleTech) series that well I'm not sure whether it goes under one of the existing entries here or a new one is needed.

A YouTube video here says it's a port of 1989 MechWarrior however the X68000 cover looks like the one that was later used for the Super Famicom version, which was also published by Victor Musical Industries, Inc. Though gameplay wise it looks nothing like the SNES version.

Google translating what the Japanese Wikipedia says about it: "Protagonist was the next head of the planet world, exiled home in the conspiracy of relatives seeking the seat of the family head, it is a story to regain the Holy Grail is a testament of the family head. Choice of adventure format is displayed in the main plot story, it became the game is over immediately if you do not choose the correct choice. In addition, it is a specification that does not put follow the ending do not regain the Holy Grail within the deadline."

Release dates: Sharp X68000 - July 10, 1992 / PC-98 - March 12, 1993

Pseudo_Intellectual (66516) on 5/2/2014 6:10 PM · Permalink · Report

The description makes it sound like a visual novel, though I suppose the youtube video will be more revealing 8)

Arrimas Arrington on 7/4/2014 12:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello Pseudo and Infernos. What about King Ou II The Kick Master for Sharp X68000 from Dragon Studio in 1993?

Terok Nor (42768) on 5/3/2014 12:01 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Based on that video, it's clearly based on the DOS version, most obvious from the menu items and the locations behind them - all the same, just with new graphics. Whether it's actually the same game depends on the story and missions and so on. From that Wikipedia description, it sounds very similar (the "Holy Grail" is probably the "Chalice"). But someone would have to translate some of the text of the Japanese game and compare it to the original to be sure. Here's a story walkthrough of the DOS game.