Forums > Bugs > Mystery rejection

-Chris (7757) on 10/9/2004 2:33 PM · Permalink · Report

I recently submitted a new platform for Skull & Crossbones, DOS, which was WIPed back to me by Servo with a correct comment.

When I had checked up on the info and came back to edit to edit the submission two weeks later, I found it had been rejected, "although there is no audit of who changed the status or why" (status message).

So I tried starting over and add the DOS platform again, but it's crossed out, i.e. apparently in the system - though not displayed on the rap sheet. A ghost platform?

Could an admin please kill any DOS platform fragments for Skull & Crossbones so that I can re-submit my info? And if you find out what's behind the mystery rejection, I'd sure like to know. ;-)

-Chris

Corn Popper (69019) on 10/9/2004 4:23 PM · Permalink · Report

This is not a bug.. this was actually explained awhile back.

You cannot let an item sit in WIP forever. After a time, I forget how long, WIPs get timed out and get automatically rejected.

As for adding the platform again, there is a time period after the rejection of a platform that you cannot submit the platform. This will clear itself, it should be explained with a number on the wizard.

I have WIPed the game back to you.

-Chris (7757) on 10/9/2004 4:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Okay, thanks! I resubmitted the platform.

I'd be nice if the status message stated that the submission was rejected because the WIP timed out.

EboMike (3094) on 10/9/2004 5:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Better still... a mail like this: "Yo. Your submission XX will be automatically rejected in 48 hours. Re-submit it now or lose it forever, bitch."

Riamus (8480) on 10/10/2004 6:02 AM · Permalink · Report

Or, better yet... don't let your WIPs sit waiting for weeks. :)

People always complain that they can't add a game because it's already "added," but it's still not in the system to view for weeks. Better to take care of WIPs within a couple days. Hehe. ;p

Corn Popper (69019) on 10/9/2004 6:51 PM · Permalink · Report

Submit this as a suggestion to the feature request email address.