Forums > News > Moby v2023.03.16 Release

MobyReed (357) on 3/17/2023 3:19 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

• Added sorting and paging to group lists (example)
  • Added more details to critic pages (url, country, language, number of reviews, and first/last years if set) (example)
  • Added "date added" to cover and promo images
  • Added original resolution width/height info to covers
  • Added year to game credit pages
  • Added link so contributors can more easily resubmit rejected items
  • Search improvements
  • Warn of existing credit submissions when contributing credits
  • Allow unmatching developers in pending credit submissions
  • Ensure critic score <= max score
  • Indicate if a developer option has been matched previously
  • Allow approvers to move covers between groups
  • Show developer match info for already-matched developers
  • Correctly handle same new person credited multiple times
  • Fixed adding attributes/ratings to non-wip games
  • Fixed mobile UI not resizing properly in some places
  • Fixed duplicate tech spec display
  • Fixed adding attributes to WIP platforms
  • Fixed associating devs with users
  • Fixed contributing covers
  • Fixed handling of jsonified timestamps
  • Fixed point calculation for Revisions
  • Fixed merging developers with dateless game platform credits
  • Fixed adding years to new platforms
  • Fixed MobyScore
  • Fixed next url for covers for new platforms
  • Fixed adding cover groups
  • Misc. UI polish
  • Misc. backend fixes and infrastructure optimization

Bozzly (1094) on 3/17/2023 4:12 AM · Permalink · Report

It's pleasant that the page showing reviews from a particular critic also shows country and the years the source has been active. I wish the page would also show how many reviews that critic has available in the database.

MobyReed (357) on 3/17/2023 9:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Sure, added!

Bozzly (1094) on 3/17/2023 11:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks. Also, how about making it possible to add line spaces when submitting a critic review?

Danfer (33355) on 3/17/2023 2:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Great! Thanks for adding what I asked for so quickly!

JimmyA (9938) on 3/17/2023 6:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Still asks for proof if you upload covers.

Alaka (106620) on 3/17/2023 6:48 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Critic page still needs some fixes:

1, Review Date only sortable from newest to oldest, not other way around. 2. Game titles, platforms, and review scores are sortable both ways, however sorting will break when you go to page 2.

joicrawu (80) on 3/17/2023 7:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but I guess it isn´t a priority yet. They´ve been dealing with a lot of contribution and UI bugs.

MobyReed (357) on 3/17/2023 9:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Fixed

joicrawu (80) on 3/17/2023 10:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Wow! So you did have more difficult and important things to fix. Well done!

Alaka (106620) on 3/18/2023 2:05 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Nice work. However the pages seem stuck on repeat once you try to get past page 25.

ex. these are the same:

https://www.mobygames.com/critic/33/sort:rating/page:28/

https://www.mobygames.com/critic/33/sort:rating/page:29/

Infernos (44433) on 3/18/2023 1:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Browse->Games then sort alphabetical (z-a). Currently on the very first page there's 4 games that shouldn't be there: "Triple Fantasy", "Our Life: Beginnings & Always - Voiced Name Expansion", ​"Our Life: Beginnings & Always - Step 2 Expansion" and "Our Life: Beginnings & Always - Step 1 Expansion".

Also "…But That Was [Yesterday]" appears there. However, titles that start with ellipsis (for example "...A Personal Nightmare" and "...Iru!") appear before numbers. Not sure what's the difference between them.

vedder (71091) on 3/18/2023 4:27 PM · Permalink · Report

The first four games should be fixed now, there was some hidden character. It might take a while before that's reflected in the game browser.

Micifuz (4408) on 3/18/2023 3:27 PM · Permalink · Report

There's no "Credits in progress" message for games with only one platform. We need to select a platform first in order to see if there's anything in the queue for it. Could we have it so we instantly see a message when we go to contribute for credits whether there's something on the pipeline already? Thanks!

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/18/2023 4:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Just had an entry approved that i initially srted on february 14t,but didn't finish yet, due to setver transfer and STILL lack of overview in the personal wip list (a feature prominent on the front page prior)

Sciere approved and i got the email complimenting me of it getting approved per usual. But i find it funny since the email said and i quote " The new game entry that you submitted on Sep 23rd, 1889 has been approved. Your contribution rating has increased by 2 points."

Yeah a bit early for computers donvt you think Vedder? :p

Rwolf (23137) on 3/19/2023 10:09 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Maybe if Ada Lovelace & Charles Babbage had been involved? Still a bit late for them, both were long dead in 1889.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/19/2023 4:52 PM · Permalink · Report

:P

Terok Nor (42635) on 3/19/2023 12:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Group pages look pretty good now, thanks.

joicrawu (80) on 3/19/2023 7:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi there, amazing update! Noticed a couple of bugs and was wondering what could be the issue. The first bug is that some games that do have a Mobyscore don't display it in the main part of the Overview page: https://www.mobygames.com/game/161259/the-house-in-fata-morgana-dreams-of-the-revenants-edition/ The other is that some games' overall Mobyscore doesn't display the same number in the Overview page at the top and at the bottom in the Reviews section (which matches the score in the review tab and the one shown when browsing games using the filter): https://www.mobygames.com/game/67674/the-last-of-us-remastered/

No idea why this happens.

JRL on 3/20/2023 10:01 PM · Permalink · Report

Since the update I can't see the thumbnails anymore, just a questionamark. What's wrong? I'd like to se the thumbnails so I don't have to click them all.

JimmyA (9938) on 3/21/2023 9:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

25 % of screen are useless white blocks. Have a look on https://de.wikipedia.org/ to get e glimpse of using screen space (language is irrelevant as the english page has this white wall-ing as well, but german site is using screensize/space in a efficient way).

joicrawu (80) on 3/22/2023 12:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi there, wanted to point out a bug. Games that have an average critic score of 0% appear as "empty" in the Game Browser, but are still ranked. The reviews show the 0% as n/a.

joicrawu (80) on 3/24/2023 7:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey, thanks for fixing those Mobyscore issues!

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/25/2023 9:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Some of the latest approved games aren't showing in the search results. Is this supposed to be a 24 hour thing or is it a bug?

Try to search Atelier Ryza 3 or Resident Evil 4 (the 2023 version) -> no dice

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/26/2023 11:51 AM · Permalink · Report

SCertain ratings aren't active, like IARC (for all platforms) or the VRCR Rating (Android/Windows/Quest/Go), even though they show all active in the admin panel till at least the year 2100 for all respective platforms!

Koterminus (255658) on 3/26/2023 4:15 PM · Permalink · Report

The search index is definitely broken. Some games I submitted which were approved days ago still aren't showing up in search results or in groups or company pages.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/26/2023 6:53 PM · Permalink · Report

https://www.mobygames.com/search/?q=Have%20a%20Nice%20Death -> even the Switch platform i added (and gotten approved) does NOT show on the search, but DOES show on the page: https://www.mobygames.com/game/180993/have-a-nice-death/

This could pose a contribute dilemma when a game can be submitted/scrqaped from a diff platform and submitted. I believe your Resident Evil 4 submission was later scraped from a diff platform i believe

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/28/2023 8:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Seems search index is fixed again......yup

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/28/2023 6:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Something i noticed missing, or perhaps so convoluted in a way that you don't see it properly, is the option to add a "version release update" , which was very common for some games (windows in particular). -> The games that had these are now missing this information as well

Is this function coming back in any form?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/70277/captain-toad-treasure-tracker/releases/ -> all the way at the bottom it says WiiU patches (that's what i meant)

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (570208) on 3/31/2023 10:20 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I see that there is now a "This is a Patch" checkbox available, nice.....

new BUG: adding new release info to an existing release info (like i want to do here: Fire Dragon Fist Master Xiaomei https://www.mobygames.com/game/186447/fire-dragon-fist-master-xiaomei/ ) NOW FORCES the new release to be a patch

So adding normal release info now is impossible......

(adding a new release by cloning OR forgoing cloning and just adding thing manually -> either way it forces a normal release into ticking the "this is a patch" box..... )

Bozzly (1094) on 3/29/2023 9:06 PM · Permalink · Report

Sometimes I wonder. Why the list of critic reviews for a particular game no longer shows the scores in percentage?