Forums > News > Moby v2024.01.19

MobyReed (325) on 1/20/2024 9:48 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Changelog:

• MobyPro: Added downloadable game lists for every platform in JSON/CSV format
  • MobyPro: Added a setting to hide the buy box on game pages (via Account Settings)
  • MobyPro: Most Researched customization now works without reloading the page
  • Added new game relation type for Compilations
  • Added search filter to platform index
  • Added Most Researched Groups to homepage
  • Significant optimization for credits form to better handle very large credit submissions
  • Improved saving of in-progress credits
  • Updated MobyTags style guide with info about using ids
  • Changed estimated wait times to typical instead of worst-case
  • Fixed merging companies
  • Fixed link for continuing promo image submissions
  • Fixed approval emails that had an incorrect timestamp
  • Various UI tweaks, fixes, backend updates, cleanup

Emitewiki (547) on 1/20/2024 11:46 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Woohoo! Estimated wait times being average case instead of worst case will hopefully make a lot of people feel a lot better about their submissions and hopefully will motivate more submitting!

Also great to hear that the pain points around large credit submissions are being addressed! Thanks for that!

Now if we can just get quick links or buttons for formatting text & linking with MobyTags in text areas.. 🥲

hoeksmas (151278) on 1/21/2024 4:01 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Adding relations to compilations is great, but I don't know why the search option has to be so bad. Sure, I can look up game ID, but how come looking for "Hopper" has to preferentially give me every game with the word "Chopper"

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569343) on 1/21/2024 7:30 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Had some issues with looking up games on the main page, where if i didn't add a capital letter the desired result won't even show up.... It's a fickle search indeed

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569343) on 1/21/2024 7:46 PM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

1) On the "old site" we used to have an option for year selection at your own contributions page ( https://www.mobygames.com/user/223301/kam1kaz3nl77/contributions/ ). Is there a chance that will come back, or....?

2) Will there be an option to sort your WIP projects by name/date added/etc, or a search option. Yeah, i know the old site had them at the top of the page and (in my case :P ) i had to scroll down half a mile..... :P .... Now it's flicking pages :P .... Yes, i know, 1st world problems complaining b**** here :P

"BUG" https://www.mobygames.com/game/103997/kingdom-come-deliverance-special-edition/ -> Cannot add base game as part of compilation since it's already set as base game.....

Cavalary (11445) on 1/22/2024 1:24 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

About 1), your and anyone's, and also when you checked top contributors you could see select any category and year.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569343) on 1/22/2024 6:59 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

And i'm missing that very much :p

Cavalary (11445) on 1/23/2024 2:03 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Same. But no news there...

MobyReed (325) on 1/26/2024 3:04 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

That'll be back, plus graphs!

Plok (216386) on 1/22/2024 12:08 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance - it's a compilation anyway, since it comprises only the base game and a DLC that was available separately at the same time. The existing relation needs to be amended.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569343) on 1/22/2024 2:12 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

https://www.mobygames.com/game/74241/bayonetta-2-first-print-edition/

Then this one... Special edition

Plok (216386) on 1/22/2024 2:13 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Seen a lot of such cases, little idea what to do with them.

Tracy Poff (2094) on 1/24/2024 9:36 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

1) On the "old site" we used to have an option for year selection at your own contributions page ( https://www.mobygames.com/user/223301/kam1kaz3nl77/contributions/ ). Is there a chance that will come back, or....?

Are you primarily interested in a per-year overview, or filtering individual contribution types (which can be done for some types already, though not conveniently)?

2) Will there be an option to sort your WIP projects by name/date added/etc, or a search option

They're currently sorted by approval timestamp, most recent first. Maybe something like sorting by game title could be done... but you'd still have to flip through pages to get where you want to go. Not sure that'd really help much.

"BUG" https://www.mobygames.com/game/103997/kingdom-come-deliverance-special-edition/ -> Cannot add base game as part of compilation since it's already set as base game.....

Not sure what you mean here. There's nothing stopping you adding a compilation as a member of another compilation, other than sanity. What's it doing?

Infernos (44328) on 1/22/2024 2:58 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I think the "This Compilation Includes" game relation needs some fine tuning. More specifically in cases where some games on compilation (for multiple platforms) are exclusive to a certain platforms. For example - Taito Legends 2. Perhaps an optional text box where you can enter a note if a certain game on a compilation is exclusive to, say, PS2 or Xbox or PC and etc.

Also, can the "This Compilation Includes" relation be applied to games with hidden/unlockable games? For example Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, the PS2 and GameCube versions of that game feature a hidden version of the original Prince of Persia, while the Xbox version has Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow & The Flame as well. However the Windows version of the game does not feature either game.

Rwolf (22838) on 1/22/2024 5:21 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

We have a group for these things, but maybe it needs some detailed descriptions linked to the platforms too. https://www.mobygames.com/group/8546/games-with-hidden-unlockable-full-games/

Tracy Poff (2094) on 1/24/2024 9:27 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I think the "This Compilation Includes" game relation needs some fine tuning. More specifically in cases where some games on compilation (for multiple platforms) are exclusive to a certain platforms. For example - Taito Legends 2. Perhaps an optional text box where you can enter a note if a certain game on a compilation is exclusive to, say, PS2 or Xbox or PC and etc.

In those cases, I believe the right thing to do will be to write the details in the compilation's description.

Foxhack (32100) on 1/22/2024 7:46 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Any chance you could lower the requirements for MobyPro for long time contributors? I don't think I'll be able to get to 40K anytime soon :p

hoeksmas (151278) on 1/23/2024 1:21 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Also, shouldn't we be able to add relations while adding a new game instead of waiting for it to be approved.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569343) on 1/23/2024 9:23 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Good call

Tracy Poff (2094) on 1/24/2024 9:37 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Yes, I plan to add this to the additional info page.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569343) on 1/25/2024 6:52 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Switch scraper is sometimes bugged again:

example -> for scraping this game https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/cherry-tower-switch/

the scraper gives the error: No content for url 'https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/cherry-tower-switch/'

I did scrape some other Switch games eralier, no problem, but then all games gave the "no content for" error

Michael Zimnicki (132) on 1/26/2024 12:37 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I can see you added critic search. Thanks! I always clicked Next! Next! Next!

Didn't notify about it, but thanks a lot, anyway.