Forums > MobyGames > do I have to do scans?

armani (16) on 5/25/2020 12:21 AM · Permalink · Report

i have a decent amount of obscure games and variants that i want to take pictures of and upload them, but i have no such scanner or printer...it is in storage 800 miles away from my place

can i just take a bird's eye view of the item with my camera and crop the background?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66471) on 5/25/2020 5:43 AM · Permalink · Report

this site is very picky about setting a high floor for cover art, even for rarities. you're perhaps more likely to get someone here to send you a scanner than for the site to accept photos in place of cover art scans 8)

WONDERなパン (17284) on 5/26/2020 6:34 AM · Permalink · Report

What area/region are you in? I've got high quality flatbed scanner I lug around and do jobs with (mostly philately and postal history archival, but now doing more games).

Pseudo_Intellectual (66471) on 5/26/2020 2:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Profile says Dallas, Texas -- that'd be a bit of a haul for you but surely there are other scanners within reach 8)

WONDERなパン (17284) on 5/26/2020 5:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Ah - good catch. Definitely don't feel like making the ~32 hour drive haha. I've gone between Houston and Portland before. Looooong drive. Gorgeous one though.

If I stilled lived a bit north of Houston, I might have offered to make the drive up!