Forums > MobyGames > Cant find a game anymore

DJKaito (2348) on 5/12/2024 6:32 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Hey there I do work atm my WIP list off and I came across that the game MTV Music Generator 3 isn't listed anymore. Why does the whole game listing got deleted? https://www.mobygames.com/game/60952/mtv-music-generator-3/

Rwolf (23137) on 5/12/2024 11:29 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I can see the listing, but the submission times out after a while, unless completed. I've put it back in WIP status, so hopefully it works for you now?

I also renamed the title a little, adding a colon to conform with the rest of the series of "MTV: Music Generator n" style

Kayburt (32468) on 5/13/2024 5:13 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Why are the platforms marked as approved, but the game itself is pending?

DJKaito (2348) on 5/13/2024 9:12 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I maybe have to be a bit clearer about my situation here. With WIP I ment coverarts. The games was once listed on the site but isnt anymore - at least I can not accsess that listing page. ("The game you requested could not be found." Error) I submitted coverart for that game. Some I pulled and it got put back in WIP. I could resubmit that coverart with better scan of my copy anyway for the game btw.

So the game listing itself was up and good for longer than 6 months before it was removed and now put back into WIP somehow between Beginning of April (Where I pulled some scans back to WIP) and now. I am not the user who created the page so i do think its back to their WIP page? Can you fix the gamelisting itself and give it a go again or can you change the user to me so that I can finish the listing?

Rwolf (23137) on 5/13/2024 9:27 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Ah, I though you were doing a new submission; I was tired last night. It had just expired (for unknown reasons) on the 12th of May 2024.

So now it is approved again, platforms and all, just some covers waiting for approval it seems.

DJKaito (2348) on 5/13/2024 9:36 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

thx :) Didnt know that the listings can expire lol.

Rwolf (23137) on 5/13/2024 10:03 AM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

They should not, so I suspect someone edited the entry recently and made a mistake. Otherwise the automatic timeout for submissions did something strange

Cantillon (78746) on 5/17/2024 5:04 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Sciere WIP-ed it recently: "If this is purely to create music and there are no goals or challenges, it cannot be listed on the site as a game."

And at first sight that is correct. All of these need to be rejected: https://www.mobygames.com/group/8580/music-mtv-music-generator-series/

Alaka (106647) on 5/17/2024 8:23 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

This post from years ago talks about music software's eligibility here:

https://www.mobygames.com/forum/1/thread/145719/the-whole-is-it-a-game-thing

I could go through and reject everything mentioned there....except veddar seems against having these music games but also added MTV Generator 2 beforehand which was approved by Sciere, who seems to be against it now,, so um yeah...