Forums > MobyGames > Getting Mobyscore for a Genre?

Doc Surge (7) on 7/30/2006 4:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Is it possible to get the Mobyscore for a genre? I am wanting the best regarded RPGs for the DOS/Windows platforms, but I can't seem to find out where to get this.

I know that it is possible to have Mobyscores for 4x and other groupings, but why can't an entire genre be a group?

Indra was here (20752) on 7/30/2006 5:05 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't quite get this question. Blame it on my english.

Shoddyan (15005) on 7/30/2006 6:33 PM · Permalink · Report

I think he's pointing out that the list in the game browser for an attribute/genre will list the games to which it applies but doesn't show MobyScores on that list (you have to enter each gamesheet individually to see). However having said that, you can see the Top10 rated games for any genre/attribute on the genre sheet, which is "outside" the game browser.

I didn't realize that the game groups and the game browser generated different fields in their list until now.

Doc Surge (7) on 7/31/2006 12:43 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the reply. How does one go about requesting this feature? Do the owners read the forums and place this on a 'to-do' list?

GameRankings.com allows this, but does not have as great of a library of games and their stuff is only released 2000 and later.

nullnullnull (1463) on 7/31/2006 2:33 AM · Permalink · Report

That is a great suggested and is now in the queue so to speak. Be able to see mobyscore by genre.