Forums > MobyGames > Submitting games & X360 Downloadable Content

Boudabras (816) on 3/26/2007 11:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Being I have access to all the material I need to submit new games into the database (before it's even out mind you) is there a problem with that? There are a few games that should release in the near future (within a month) that I could get a head start on.

Also what was the ruling on content that is being released for a particular game? The Marvel Ultimate Alliance Character Packs (Xbox 360 only) are coming out soon and I have all the credits for them. It's not really an expansion. Just some new characters and a month of testing!

For all that don't know, I work at the publisher and this is a side project for me while I wait for the next project to hit and to make sure that the people that have poured their blood, sweat, and tears into are in as this is a pseudo-resume on all the stuff they have worked on.

Corn Popper (69019) on 3/27/2007 11:46 AM · Permalink · Report

you could actually start making the entry and submit it but make sure to place a note to the approvers to make sure not to approve until it is released

Shoddyan (15005) on 3/27/2007 7:52 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Corn Popper wrote--]but make sure to place a note to the approvers to make sure not to approve until it is released [/Q --end Corn Popper wrote--]

Short reason for that is that release dates can change up to and inlcuding the announced date. For accuracy's sake, mobygames is not planning to list any release date until we know it's actually been shipped out/released on that date properly.

It's an unpredictable industry, and other game sites are already filled with incorrect release dates they got from press releases that... changed.

Boudabras (816) on 3/27/2007 10:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Good to know, what about content that is released for games that are currently out? I'm about to wrap up on the DLC for MUA and we worked on that little gem for about a month or two.

Ben K (23952) on 3/29/2007 1:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Also, if this DLC costs money, this website should help loads:

http://www.mspconverter.com/

Which converts Microsoft Points values into any dollar value you like. It's helped me for curious microtransations like Lumines Live. I've tried to keep all the DLC info consistent for that. Also did the DLC tracking for Viva Pinata, I don't know if this helps you. It's just how I write it out.

Boudabras (816) on 3/29/2007 6:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks Ben, that helps out a lot!

Riamus (8480) on 3/29/2007 2:03 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Corn Popper wrote--]you could actually start making the entry and submit it but make sure to place a note to the approvers to make sure not to approve until it is released [/Q --end Corn Popper wrote--]

Uh... do we really want to open up a holding tank for such things? Having to skip over hundreds of submissions of games-not-yet-released while approving will get to be very troublesome if we start allowing it. I know we want to eventually allow pre-release submissions, but that's not set up yet. It sounds like a headache if you ask me.

Personally, I'd rather see people just use Notepad and type up a description and enter all of the information needed for a submission. Then, when the game is released, they can copy/paste it and be done in minutes. But you're the admin.

Besides, this holds a game from being entered by others. Someone could go through all upcoming games and submit them months ahead of time and no one would be allowed to enter them. It just sounds a bit troublesome to me.