Forums > Off Topic > Need Game Recommendations

Indra was here (20750) on 4/12/2009 8:22 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

To get me the buy 10 get 1 free package delivery. :)
Have 8 on my list so far:

• Fable 2;
  • Empire: Total War;
  • King's Bounty: The Legend [added].
  • Sins of a Solar Empire [added].
  • Warhammer 40,000 II [added].
  • Drakensang: The Dark Eye [added].
  • The Last Remnant [added].
  • Europa Universalis III: Complete. [added] Need at least 2 more. Help please. Preference RPG und Strategy. No Hack-and-slash RPGs, preference on character development and combat. Strategy preference: if you've played for 2 hours and don't understand it, its likely going to be a good game.

Kabushi (261498) on 4/12/2009 8:29 PM · Permalink · Report

King's Bounty: The Legend

Sciere (930966) on 4/12/2009 8:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Sins of a Solar Empire

Yearman (29864) on 4/14/2009 2:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

PCGamer77 (3158) on 4/14/2009 4:11 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Are we talking about both PC and console games? Not too many RPGs or strategy titles for PC lately:

Drakensang: The Dark Eye (they say it's complicated and AD&D-like)
    The Last Remnant
    Europa Universalis III: Complete
    Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

AaronGamer (29) on 4/14/2009 5:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Age of Empires III ( I know its a RTS, but it kicks ass)

PCGamer77 (3158) on 4/15/2009 1:26 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start sprint_car_fan2007 wrote--]Age of Empires III ( I know its a RTS, but it kicks ass) [/Q --end sprint_car_fan2007 wrote--]

I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that Indra wants recommendations for games that he hasn't played. I hope he has played AOE 3, since he has reviewed it on Mobygames. :)

Indra was here (20750) on 4/15/2009 5:15 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start PCGamer77 wrote--] [Q2 --start sprint_car_fan2007 wrote--]Age of Empires III ( I know its a RTS, but it kicks ass) [/Q2 --end sprint_car_fan2007 wrote--] I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that Indra wants recommendations for games that he hasn't played. I hope he has played AOE 3, since he has reviewed it on Mobygames. :) [/Q --end PCGamer77 wrote--] Heh. Added your suggestions to my list. I think I'm good (depending on whether or not they sell hentai :p).

Except Galactic Civilizations. They did not do Master of Orion justice at all.

AoE III as a recommendation? Egad, mate. That's one of the worst RTS games worthy of mentioning in the world of RTS games worthy of mentioning.

Question:

Sacred 2? Have heard conflicting opinions about that game.

samsam12 (714) on 4/16/2009 12:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Eternal Sonata

Donatello (466) on 5/5/2009 4:19 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] AoE III as a recommendation? Egad, mate. That's one of the worst RTS games worthy of mentioning in the world of RTS games worthy of mentioning. [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]

Quoted for truth. It's so basic that even obscure Command & Conquer clones from the 90s are better.

Indra was here (20750) on 4/27/2009 6:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Woohoo! My mail "order" just arrived. Around 20 DVDs worth of games for 15 bucks. I suspect in the next following months, I will have less of a life than I usually have. Yay!

See ya next month!