🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Uninvited > MacVenture series?

Scribblemacher (195) on 9/6/2012 3:54 PM · Permalink · Report

According to Wikipedia, this game is part of a series based around it's common engine.

Would it be appropriate for there to be a game group linking these games based on this criteria? If so how (I've actually not been able to figure out how to submit a game group)?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 9/6/2012 6:14 PM · Permalink · Report

They were all Macventures on the Mac, C-ventures on the C64, PC-ventures on MS-DOS... what do we call it, "ICOM's -Venture series"?

Scribblemacher (195) on 9/6/2012 8:00 PM · Permalink · Report

I take in the Mac version was the first? I'll have to boot up the NES version up to see if it makes am X-venture reference anyway.

Moby lists credits for the Windows 3.x version crediting the "Original Macventure" team. The reason I'm asking is because these games are clearly related in gameplay, style, and engine. I was wanted to know what the appropriate way to link or group such games together here on Moby.

vedder (70822) on 9/6/2012 8:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Game groups can be requested in the forum, in this thread: http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,155778/

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 9/6/2012 10:40 PM · Permalink · Report

I believe they all landed on the Mac first; you can see the platform-specific series names in screenshots of Uninvited and Deja Vu, though I think the NES ports don't do this. The question is whether the series needs a group, since the group is essentially "games made by ICOM." I know there are a couple that fell further from the tree, but still.