Forums > Game Forums > The Pandora Directive > Entertainment or game players mode?

Zovni (10504) on 2/20/2011 1:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Can anyone clarify the differences for the game modes? I thought it might me a difficulty setting similar to Monkey Island 2's but the game mentions how each mode has different "paths" altogether. Is this right? What should I aim for?

piltdown_man (237748) on 2/26/2011 8:16 PM · Permalink · Report

I'd forgotten about this game. There are different endings and there are different modes of play. Below is a link to an excellent review (imo) that, perhaps gives away a bit too much of the storyline. It says
"It is possible to play The Pandora Directive in two different modes. At the beginning of a new game, players are asked to choose between the Game player mode and the Entertainment mode. The Entertainment mode is intended to appeal to beginners who are going through the game for the first time. Fewer number of points are available throughout the adventure, but you are given access to the game’s excellent hint system. In addition, some of the puzzles are removed to make the game a little easier to complete. However, all key components of the storyline are still present and you will not miss out on the good stuff.
The Game player mode on the other hand is intended for more determined players who are looking for a greater challenge and who are prepared to solve the entire case on their own. While many of the same puzzles are present in both the Gamer and Entertainment modes, the Game player mode features some extra content. There are a few small additional places to explore and some extra puzzles to overcome. In addition, when you attempt many of the puzzles in the Game player mode, you can potentially earn bonus points. Some puzzles feature a time limit. If you manage to solve them in the allotted time, you earn quite a number of extra points. Other puzzles challenge you to complete them in a specific number of moves to gain some additional points."

Full link here
http://www.adventurelantern.com/Reviews/pandoraDirective/pandoraDirective.htm