🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne > Incubus

Donatello (466) on 7/24/2007 4:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Is there a demon named Incubus in the game? So far I have only seen Succubus in fusion screen, though my level is too low to control him. At the moment my party consists of me, High Pixie, Hua Po and Choronzon. I want to make a team consisting of Incubus, Succubus and Baphomet in the future. :D

So far I'm enjoying SMTN and the random encounters aren't annoying at all imo. Currently I'm in Ginza.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/25/2007 4:00 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure there is an Incubus in SMT3... there were Incubi in previous SMT games, but SMT3 doesn't have some of the older demons, but has many new ones instead.

Cool man, way to go, I'm glad somebody else except me likes this amazing game.

I also liked thematically aranged parties :) I think I finished the game with an all-Greek team, including Dionyses and Ares and some other gods, don't remember now.

Sometimes knowing the right myth influences gameplay in those games. I remember that in Persona 2 there was an undefeatable rare enemy called Azhi Dahaka. You could defeat him only if you fused the persona Feridun. It makes perfect sense since Feridun was the hero who defeated the dragon Azhi Dahaka (Zahhak) in Iranian mythology.

Donatello (466) on 7/25/2007 4:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Where can I access the Demon Compendium? :)

The Fabulous King (1332) on 7/25/2007 5:09 PM · Permalink · Report

You mean something like this?

Donatello (466) on 7/25/2007 5:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Isn't there an in-game one?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 7/25/2007 6:17 PM · Permalink · Report

You'll just to have to wait for Oleg's response then.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/26/2007 3:33 AM · Permalink · Report

Demon Compendium? I think it lists only demons you have already encountered. And I believe you can view it in any fusion room.

On every demon character sheet, there is also a "bio" of the demon, like from which mythology he comes, what does he do, etc. This is really awesome.

And did you know that some demons morph into a stronger one if they level up a few times with your party? And those morphings always have to do something with the mythology they come from, or at least with the physical appearance of a demon (like Sarutahiko morphing into Hanuman - because they are both monkeys).

Tip: you'll soon come across a demon called Momonofu, a strong Japanese warrior guy. Talk to him and have him join your party, then take him to battle, and he'll morph into Arahibaki, another Japanese dude. Beside the fact that he is like 10 levels higher than whatever you can get at that stage (I think he is level 35) and looks cool, he is immune to physical attacks. Can you imagine all the enemy turns you'll block in battle with this guy?

Yeah, the International Megaten Geek Session (TM) is now officially open :)

DJP Mom (11333) on 7/26/2007 4:21 AM · Permalink · Report

A demon Pokédex!