🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Nexus: The Jupiter Incident > Nexus 2 highly requested

Fanboi on 2/7/2024 2:33 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Hi there, i first want to tell u a lil story... since i played this exceptional game Nexus - the Jupiter incident i hope that there will be 2nd part. But sadly, nothing happens for some reasons... The game was the time far far ahead and only people played this game knew this. The best part of it, the damage model, where u could attack particular devices of the ships, shields and stuff. No other games so far and 20 years later provided it like this. And the gamers are looking for something like this. The problem at this time when game was released, the marketing was very poor.

So i checked from time to time over the years, (release 2004) if there are relevant news for a 2nd part. So this are 20 years now. And today i thought, i can check the developer homepage directly to get maybe some news. I found then the empty forum, which the game doesnt deserv and so here i am. Asking u if there is a chance to revive this project in future. Im sure, fans of this game, this kind of game and the gaming community is ready for this. It would be a great announcement for anniversary ;D Looking forward to hear from you and what u think about it... thank you in advance for response.

Greetings....

Rwolf (22827) on 2/7/2024 8:50 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Seeing as the Hungarian game developers studio was closed down long ago, the Imperium Galactica franchise is now probably owned by Square Enix, so petition them.

There is only a HD+widescreen mod for the game at Nexusmods website (the site seems to be on the blink at the moment).

Cavalary (11445) on 2/8/2024 4:39 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Well, back in 2012 there was a kickstarter, and it failed. Now it seems that THQ Nordic has the IP, so Embracer, so they're unlikely to be doing much of anything with it, seeing as the whole thing was a castle of cards set up to be sold off, and after that deal failed it all collapsed and have been closing and laying off anything they could.

Otherwise, found https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/swbqga/modern_games_like_nexus_the_jupiter_incident/