🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Project: Snowblind > Constant crashing? Possible solutions here

Rick de Robeck (2) on 7/23/2007 8:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi all,

I've just started playing the windows port of this game, which is good fun, overall. However, it is notorious for constant, random crashes every 10-15 minutes, which combined with the fact it uses a console save point system, with saves a good 20 minutes apart or more, can leave you seeing red. (speaking from experience.) Try the following:

-go to Start Menu\Eidos\Snowblind\setup, and disable full-screen effects. Although this has helped some people, it didn't stop my crashes. It did, however, stop the game from being unplayably jerky, and it may help you.

-If you have a dual-core or HT system: After you start the game, hit ctr-alt-del, go to processes, and look for 'snowblind.exe'. Right-click on it, select 'processor affinity', and uncheck cpu1. This has solved my crashes, although you have to do it each time you run the game. There are some free-ware apps (such as Prioaff ) which will modify your Snowblind shortcut to do the same thing.

DJP Mom (11333) on 7/23/2007 11:51 AM · Permalink · Report

You could submit this as Tips & Tricks...

Rick de Robeck (2) on 7/24/2007 10:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Submitted under Tips & Tricks now - sorry, I am t3H |\|008-|_377 at actually contributing to Mobygames. Been reading it since it first started up, though :)

DJP Mom (11333) on 7/24/2007 12:04 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rick de Robeck wrote--]Submitted under Tips & Tricks now - sorry, I am t3H |\|008-|_377 at actually contributing to Mobygames. Been reading it since it first started up, though :) [/Q --end Rick de Robeck wrote--]

If I could do it, anyone can, and it gets easier! :-)

St. Martyne (3648) on 7/24/2007 10:15 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

off-topic:

to DJP Mom

How many cat's pics do you REALLY have? =)

DJP Mom (11333) on 7/24/2007 11:58 AM · Permalink · Report

:-)) Way too many. A closetful of new clothes and can't decide what to wear! (The gray cat reminded me too much of my own cat who died some time back, made me too sad, so I'll maybe stick with this one for a while)