🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Star Trek: Borg > Borg Console on Disc 3

Gonchi (3590) on 10/3/2007 5:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Has anyone -ever- gotten past this part? Every time I try to type in the code I get a movie of Q flashing the code I'm entering as if I had been doing it wrong. I've looked around the internet but found no one mentioning having this problem anywhere, except for one guy at the Simon & Schuster boards who said he wasn't able to type the code fast enough and got stuck at that part.

I'd like some help if there's anyone out there that's beaten this game.

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/3/2007 3:48 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

As I reckon you should first be assimilated in order to learn the code. You would have no control over the character while the code is being shown, you would just have to witness it and then be presented with an endgame. After that, replay the part the way you won't get assimilated and enter the code you saw in the previous scenario.

If you have done all that and it still is registered as a wrong code, you might want to wait a bit while the console is being shown, perhaps the game doesn't register the first couple of hits.

I personally experienced no problem with that. But there was a later part in the game that got me confused.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 10/3/2007 7:26 PM · Permalink · Report

you would just have to witness it and then be presented with an endgame. After that, replay the part the way you won't get assimilated and enter the code you saw in the previous scenario.

Hold on -- is this a case of the character necessarily having to die in order to gain information needed to pass the game after reloading? Brutal!

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/3/2007 8:00 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] Hold on -- is this a case of the character necessarily having to die in order to gain information needed to pass the game after reloading? Brutal! [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

Yup, that's right. Although it is tied into the plot and a very ingenious compensation for the lack of interaction in the "interactive movie" game.

Gonchi (3590) on 10/3/2007 8:32 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--]If you have done all that and it still is registered as a wrong code, you might want to wait a bit while the console is being shown, perhaps the game doesn't register the first couple of hits.

I personally experienced no problem with that. But there was a later part in the game that got me confused. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--]

Yeah, I'd become a Borg to see the code being used, but it wasn't working.

I eventually got past it earlier today, but shortly afterwards (after you beam back to the ship) the game locked up and it wouldn't reload from my last save when I restarted the comp. Lost patience and uninstalled.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 10/3/2007 7:51 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Gonchi wrote--]Has anyone -ever- gotten past this part? Every time I try to type in the code I get a movie of Q flashing the code I'm entering as if I had been doing it wrong. I've looked around the internet but found no one mentioning having this problem anywhere, except for one guy at the Simon & Schuster boards who said he wasn't able to type the code fast enough and got stuck at that part.

I'd like some help if there's anyone out there that's beaten this game. [/Q --end Gonchi wrote--]

The Borg console is a GameCube.

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/3/2007 8:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ace of Sevens wrote--] The Borg console is a GameCube. [/Q --end Ace of Sevens wrote--]

Considering Microsoft's fascination with rectangle shaped objects too, I guess we're onto some devious conspiracy here.