🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Fallout 2 > Weird screenshots in the manual

Zovni (10504) on 7/5/2007 12:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I remember always being puzzled by the screenshots that appear in the last part of the manual, they showed tiny in-game shots of what appears to be a modern world version of the game, complete with cars, houses and characters in suits and dresses... does anyone know what this is about?

unit on 8/1/2007 6:39 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

fallout 1 has a screeny on the back of the box that shows junktown under attack by radscorpions (and some dude toasting them with a flamethrower, hank scorpio i see you right above me wielding your flame-thrower! hehe)

i didnt encounter that in the game.. could be screenies of stuff they changed..

Zovni (10504) on 8/1/2007 7:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Someone has to fan the flames around here!

Anyway, yeah that was odd to. But these are completely new assets, I'll see if I can dig the manual and post some shots.

unit on 8/1/2007 7:27 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

cool. a big fan of the fallout games :) would be interesting to see this.. there was also some secret stuff in x-com apocalypse

scorpio!! he'll welcome you into his lair.. ..like the nobleman welcomes his guest he's (illegible) with a stock plan that helps you invest! (left some out) and on friday the lunchroom serves hotdogs & beer yes! he loves german beer!

Zovni (10504) on 8/1/2007 11:53 PM · Permalink · Report

There it is. Wtf is that?And if you killed someone on the way out you would really help me.

Indra was here (20755) on 8/1/2007 7:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Only "modern world" part I vaguely remember was the intro cut-scene. That's about it.

DJP Mom (11333) on 8/1/2007 9:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Indra, does your forehead say hero, or nerd?

Indra was here (20755) on 8/1/2007 10:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Nerd. Stopped being a hero after I finished Hero's Quest I. Will divert back to my beautiful self after I finish Ultima 7 already.

unit on 8/2/2007 5:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

that B&W image leads me to believe this may have been part of a 'flashback' sequence or some kind of cut-scene.. the rest of the game is real-life/color..

in the fallout games, i would think that B&W is some kind of reference to the heady days of 1940's / 1950's budding nuclear era (they use B&W in the intro for fallout 1) it seems to be 'nostalgia' related?

i could almost imagine those two people are husband & wife.. and he's about to leave for work, she's come out to kiss him (as all good complacent wives did in that era? lol) -- gotta love propaganda!

fascinating screeny! thnx for taking the time to post it.. i hear they're making a fallout 3 these days?

^ you must be a cool nerd if you're smoking.. hehe ^ /kills somebody on the way out

Zovni (10504) on 8/2/2007 6:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Well actually the entire manual is in b&w, so I don't know about the flashback thing... but I never even heard it mentioned anywhere else... :S

unit on 8/3/2007 11:45 AM · Permalink · Report

ditto.. the flashback thing was just my acid trip ;) ..my initial reaction to it..

park ranger guy: umm... well... seeya..